Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. Right after I start the engine I hear some strange noise coming out of the engine. It disappears after a few minutes. Any idea what this may be?

Thanks.

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you describe the noise or even record it? It just happen when the car is cold, hot, or what?
Well, anyway, a noise coming out of the engine after start can be many things.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yeah, you gotta do better than that.........................engines can quite literally make 500 different noises there and ALL will be strange if never heard before.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. Right after I start the engine I hear some strange noise coming out of the engine. It disappears after a few minutes. Any idea what this may be?

Thanks.

David
Not knowing the year and model of your car makes it a little hard to get a answer. I know with my 2012 Versa sedan, if it rains hard overnight, when I first start the car in the morning, I get a high pitched squeal for about 5-10 seconds which I believe is caused by the alternator belt. That is the only time I get any kind of out of the ordinary engine noise.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I knew an independent mail carrier whos car sounded like 2 garbage cans being rubbed together after starting. Werent long before he needed a new engine.

Im guessing either your oil is the wrong weight or you got a thermal related issue like piston slap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts