Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe just needs some preventative maintenance

My 07 has approx 57,000 miles and the front brakes were making some noise when backing out of the driveway.

Last month, I removed the caliper pins and pulled the pads. I estimate they had another 25,000 miles of wear left, which is quite impressive. The pins were almost dry with some moisture contamination, and there was no lube left on the back of the pads where they contact the piston. I took some high quality brake lube and put some on the back of the pads and on the caliper pins. Fixed the problem. :thumb2:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My Altima brakes squeal when backing out [when brakes still cold] but not going forward. We have loads of brake pad material left, but don't know exactly how much.
When my brakes grind going forward, then i will:doh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
When backing out of the garage in the morning the front brakes start squelling a little, after aways down the driveway it quits. I just got it, 2010 Versa hatchbach with 23,400 miles on it. Brakes should not be bad yet, right? Please Help!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
In my experience/opinion, i would call this normal with almost any car ie bit of squeal backing up cold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.