Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im in winston salem NC, and we got hit with a big snow storm jan 29-31. Now we are being hit with another storm right now as I speak. It started on feb. 4 and dosent end till feb 6 overnight. Now they are saying there is another one coming in on tues feb 9 and ending on the 10. Its been terrible down here. My V is a beast in the snow, and i love it!!! Its starting to feel like canada, lol!! (thats for u pampered princess) lol I am in fear for my V. Its almost a yr old. I bought it brand new. But the people down here freak when they hear its gonna snow!! its terrible!! These people dont know how to drive in this crap!! They go like 50 mph on the hwy, and the roads arent even salted or plowed, and im not even exaggerating! I work for walmart overnight and the shelves are completly empty!! Its selling quicker than we can get it in. Plus half the associates dont come in when it snows. I am from Maryland (woot woot) lol, and we are used to driving in snow. So my question to all you other v's out there is........ Is anyone else in this snow storm like me!!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
No snow here :D I know what you are going through though. We've had bad snow storms before (last year was the worst). Just take it slow and you'll be fine. Try not to worry about other people on the road.

This winter we maybe have had a total of 2cms ... maybe not even that!
We have just had COLD COLD weather. Personally I would rather have snow to drive in than the cold.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
same here, I dont care for the cold weather. But ever since I got that remote start put in, its been alot more bearable, lol!

·
Registered
567 Posts
and the snow has begun! They're predicting up to 30 inches by the time this storm is through. It'll be a cozy weekend with the boy, the cats and some beers. After this, though, I REALLY need Spring to come!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Remote start!? Where did you get it installed?
I asked my dealership about this and they said they did not recommend it. They also said if I had it installed that it could void parts of my warranty, so I'm holding off on getting one. Generally speaking I get the garage to park in, but sometimes I don't. I miss having one, I had one installed on my old car and it was awesome !

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remote start!? Where did you get it installed?
I asked my dealership about this and they said they did not recommend it. They also said if I had it installed that it could void parts of my warranty, so I'm holding off on getting one. Generally speaking I get the garage to park in, but sometimes I don't. I miss having one, I had one installed on my old car and it was awesome !
Im sure it voids some parts of the warranty, but hey dont know about it. If nissan made one, id buy it. It is aftermarket, and I had a very reputible company put it in. It was from sonicelectronix.com. They need to prove to me that if something goes wrong, its the remote start. I play a tough fight, so they can try me, lol.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
But what about the chip in the key? Do you have that? Did they have to bypass something to do that?
Considering I paid extra for my warranty to extend it to 7 years, I don't want to risk voiding anything. I'll just deal w/ no remote starter. I asked about the alarm too, and they don't have that here in Canada to install for me :(

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But what about the chip in the key? Do you have that? Did they have to bypass something to do that?
Considering I paid extra for my warranty to extend it to 7 years, I don't want to risk voiding anything. I'll just deal w/ no remote starter. I asked about the alarm too, and they don't have that here in Canada to install for me :(
I got a remote start/ alarm combo with a 2-way pager for christmas 09. I bought the immbolizer Bypass box. XK07 for nissans and infinitys. The installer downloads something to this box from the computer for the car, for it to be able to bypass it. Then the box is connected to the remote start box. I push the button twice on the remote, and the car starts up like I put the key in. You know... acc.... on... then start. I can hear my radar detector come on before it starts. thats how I know it goes through the steps. When I get in, I turn the key to the "on" position and the step on the brake. The remote start system deactivates, and switches over to your key, and thats how it stays running. You dont have an alarm??? wow!! Here in the U.S. models all versas have immbolizer systems, and only the SLs have the alarm. Wow, theres alot of things you dont have...... thats strange..... and why they would do that. I wish I had heated mirrors like urs though, lol. Its not an option here. But since you got 7 yrs I dont think I would risk it either. Ive only got 3yrs, well almost 2yrs now. Its almost been a yr, and I only got 5000 miles!! lol, you can tell I dont drive it much, and thats why Im not too, too, worried about anything breaking. Plus I plan to have it payed for by October 2010. So if something goes wrong, ill have it temp. fixed, and trade it in. I know thats terrible, but hey!!! You can see my alarm at car domain, and see it in action on car domain. I made a video of it.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Ya no alarms were available from Nissan on our Versa's here. My brothers SE-R didn't come with an alarm either. Only thing it has is the chip in the key (no ikeys here either) ...

We do have heated mirrors and it is a neat little feature to have. You can see the snow/ice just melt right off :D

I wanted the 7 years because I didn't want to worry if something broke and had to make a car payment and pay for repairs at the same time. So at least I can drive her worry free for quite a while. And if something brakes after the 7 years, I'll still drive her. I want to drive this car until it dies ...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya no alarms were available from Nissan on our Versa's here. My brothers SE-R didn't come with an alarm either. Only thing it has is the chip in the key (no ikeys here either) ...

We do have heated mirrors and it is a neat little feature to have. You can see the snow/ice just melt right off :D

I wanted the 7 years because I didn't want to worry if something broke and had to make a car payment and pay for repairs at the same time. So at least I can drive her worry free for quite a while. And if something brakes after the 7 years, I'll still drive her. I want to drive this car until it dies ...
lol, I hear ya! Thats why im trying to pay it off. I can live a few years without a payment. And maybe in about 2-3 years, ill keep my versa, and buy a used rogue AWD. I love them cars too. But i dont wanna give up my V, unless its for a like...... 2015 versa, u know. But other than that, naw... no interest of giving it up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yup looks the same lol..
im depressed though
had down time at work literally tore my car apart inside and cleaned it..
and then washed shampood and waxed my v
then went to get lunch
looked almost the same asbefore.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Ya See I have no plans to pay it off any quicker. My interest rate was calculated at time of delivery, so paying Nissan extra money now would not benefit anyone but them. I'd rather have that extra money in a savings act gaining interest. I only have 3 years left of payments :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya See I have no plans to pay it off any quicker. My interest rate was calculated at time of delivery, so paying Nissan extra money now would not benefit anyone but them. I'd rather have that extra money in a savings act gaining interest. I only have 3 years left of payments :D
I refinaced mine through state farm. I only pay around $150 month. But I wanna get started on the mods, and back to school. So I wanna get rid of that debt I have with them. Plus it does help with your credit score. but everyone has different plans and opinions. lol. But really I think I got about 4 yrs left. I dont really like carrying a loan on for 5yrs. But thats me.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Ya I am paying down my student debt and would rather pay that off quicker as the interest rate is 2.5% vs my Versa at 0.9%. Since Nissan already calculated the interest it's not worth paying them anything extra. I don't mind having a car payment every month ... I'm working two jobs now so it's a lot easier to afford it. $150 is very cheap ... I pay much more than that for my Versa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.