Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, today I decided to go in and get my versa service.

im waiting and I see the guy who took my info and car to do what they do.

I thought they have finished my car early, but found out that one of the shop workers tried to "HEMAN" my car by lifting it? I'm still not clear on how he did it, but i guess he tried to life my car up, without a floor jack, and just ended up damaging my driver side fender.

when he had mentioned "damaged_______" I thought of my front bumper. because last weeks meet with mrpanda87, note-ified and his friends, I was heading to pick up my girlfriend from work, and a damn tire was in the middle of the freeway, but by the time I saw it, my bumper took some damage. but it's okay nothing serious.

so, I'm taking my versa to the dealers on monday, dropping it off, getting a rental, and being versa-less for a week possibly. without me paying a dime

TL;DR

shop worker fucked up, I'm getting a rental

·
Registered
637 Posts
so, today I decided to go in and get my versa service.

im waiting and I see the guy who took my info and car to do what they do.

I thought they have finished my car early, but found out that one of the shop workers tried to "HEMAN" my car by lifting it? I'm still not clear on how he did it, but i guess he tried to life my car up, without a floor jack, and just ended up damaging my driver side fender.

when he had mentioned "damaged_______" I thought of my front bumper. because last weeks meet with mrpanda87, note-ified and his friends, I was heading to pick up my girlfriend from work, and a damn tire was in the middle of the freeway, but by the time I saw it, my bumper took some damage. but it's okay nothing serious.

so, I'm taking my versa to the dealers on monday, dropping it off, getting a rental, and being versa-less for a week possibly. without me paying a dime

TL;DR

shop worker fucked up, I'm getting a rental

damn dude thats sucks, hopefully they get everything patched up and back to normal quickly though as i know how it can feel not having your own car to drive around for a week

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn dude thats sucks, hopefully they get everything patched up and back to normal quickly though as i know how it can feel not having your own car to drive around for a week
yeah, me too. I hope I get a cool rental, or something fun.

or a nismo juke. lol

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Thats crazy man, I would be pissed if that was my car. Im glad I dont take mine to them anymore. He probably tried the lift thinking it wouldnt do any damage.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Dealer would scratch my girls car every time it went in for service. My dealer did the odo recall and none of my panels lineup now and my dash squeaks and rattles like a bitch. Just the nature of the beast. If you want things done with care you have to do them yourself.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats crazy man, I would be pissed if that was my car. Im glad I dont take mine to them anymore. He probably tried the lift thinking it wouldnt do any damage.
i think that's what he was trying to do. i guess the worker thought the versa wasn't heavy. it isn't really, but not to were you can lift it.

Dealer would scratch my girls car every time it went in for service. My dealer did the odo recall and none of my panels lineup now and my dash squeaks and rattles like a bitch. Just the nature of the beast. If you want things done with care you have to do them yourself.
damn, that sucks. and that's true.

also, free service, i had to jump on it. lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have this image in my head of some large guy with a even bigger ego showing off to his coworkers and they are all standing around laughing about it. God knows what else they do with other customers cars.

I hope it works out for you, I understand your confusion and anger I would be to.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Scares me sometimes knowing there are workers who will mess a car up like that..im glad it's getting all fixed up for free though.

aaaand the rental was?

*drum roll*

???

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have this image in my head of some large guy with a even bigger ego showing off to his coworkers and they are all standing around laughing about it. God knows what else they do with other customers cars.

I hope it works out for you, I understand your confusion and anger I would be to.
not that i fear people like that, but when you put your trust on a company to take care of your car that you bought from them, i expect nothing but care and great service. but i guess you can't expect a lot from companies.

Ouch! Sorry to hear they did that. At least they are being cool about it, and getting you a rental.
yeah, the guy who serviced me said he was really sorry, almost depressed. lol
but the guy was really apologetic about it, even tho it wasn't him, he still handled the situation well. i was bummed, but shit, they're fixing everything for free and getting a rental at no cost to me.

Scares me sometimes knowing there are workers who will mess a car up like that..im glad it's getting all fixed up for free though.

aaaand the rental was?

*drum roll*

???

2014 nissan sentra sv? i don't remember. THE DOWNFALL IS IT'S AUTOMATIC AND IT'S CVT

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my car back to day. While walking out towards my car, I noticed a versa with a different rear bumper, differemt color amd seems a little lower from stock.

I go back to the dealers to get my rear view mirror that I forgot in the rental and asked the guy who serviced my car," did you guys get new versas?" And his reponse was, "Yep, the 2015 models, wanna see?"
So I remember not liking the headlights from a post here on the forums, and I gotta say, I like them.

What they told me is that it's still hasthe 1.6 hrde engines still.
Has a redesigned interior, same gauge cluster as the versa sv,sl sedans. But the versa I saw the sv model.

It has carbon fiber door trim around the power door and window controls. Didnt really see the inside that much, but the outside is more agressive, especially with the fog lights and new head lights.

Im still stuck on that color I saw, it was a deep blue color.

Cant wait to see how they will look on the streets.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my car back to day. While walking out towards my car, I noticed a versa with a different rear bumper, differemt color amd seems a little lower from stock.

I go back to the dealers to get my rear view mirror that I forgot in the rental and asked the guy who serviced my car," did you guys get new versas?" And his reponse was, "Yep, the 2015 models, wanna see?"
So I remember not liking the headlights from a post here on the forums, and I gotta say, I like them.

What they told me is that it's still hasthe 1.6 hrde engines still.
Has a redesigned interior, same gauge cluster as the versa sv,sl sedans. But the versa I saw the sv model.
You are referring to the sedan model correct?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
If they fix everything oh well, things happen. I worked at a dealer and I will never leave my car unless necessary and never, ever let them wash it. If they at least admit their mistake I kinda have to forgive. I like to reward honesty. Don't ask me about learning to do burnouts on a brand new VW that we were delivering. Don't worry, the Karma Gods have got back at me pretty good. I regret many things I did as an angry 20 year old.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wonder if the 15' model front package (headlamps, fascia, grill, fogs) fits the 12-14 models. It would be cool being able to do a conversion.
I thought of that too, but I figured that the headlights use different brackets. But im in love with the rear bumber, that rear looks nice. :wink

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.