Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the story, it's not spam or a joke nor am I getting any money from this.

I purchased a rear sway bar, from an overseas vendor, for my 2014 S sedan after several emails back an forth confirming that it would fit on the late model and several assurances that it would. Even after I sent specifics about the differences between the 13 and 14+ sedans.

So of course I receive it and it doesn't fit. It did fit on my friend's first gen hatchback, like I knew it would.

The company has been very apologetic and says they are going to make good on it and come out with a rear sway bar for the 14+. I've been sending them measurements, photos and videos and they have been responding with drawings and questions. Looking on Nissan parts finder the axle for the 1st gen is 55501a and mine is 55501 so both of us are confused as the drawings look the same but when I get under 1st gens they sure differ. For example, I don't have brake lines on my axle and the beam width is wider. The perches differ as well.

What they are looking for are some photos of other 14+ sedan and note axle assemblies. Preferably from US and other parts of the world.

If you have a 14+ sedan or Note would you please send me photos of your axle assembly? Need shots showing the perches, axle face looking from the rear and the front of the axle by the gas tank. This is a problem on my 14 S sedan as the tank is right by the rear axle and not enough space for their u-bolt and their mounting plate. Lastly I need the measurement of your axle, not wheel to wheel but across from front to back. Mine is just under 4" specifically 3.974" with my micrometer.

They say I should have a prototype in about 3-4 weeks.

Email photos to htgrimmi at eagle dot fgcu dot edu with the subject being country, year model. Example US, 2014, Sedan S. Please no personal information and no license plate shots.

Thanks in advance.
Hank

·
Registered
216 Posts
Interesting! I might be able to help out. Any incentives, like a possibility of a small group buy on these when finished? :ihih:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, as mentioned above, I'm just doing this to get them as much info as possible to get a good product for the 2014+.

Looks like in another recent post, someone got the same sway bar to fit but had some issues as well. Wonder if it was a note versus a sedan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
htgrimmi
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing