Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.
I'm pretty sure its not just me but I've been pretty discouraged from posting a lot on here lately. It's always the same stuff, by the same people. Not that I don't like anyone on here, I just think there could be some changes that we could suggest to change it up on here and get more members and more interest in the car we all love so much.

My suggestion is that the whole forum receive a makeover. I stumbled upon this scion forum and the layout is pretty awesome!
http://www.scikotics.com/scion/
check it out!
If NVF looked like that when you went to the homepage for the first time, idk about you, but i'd be inclined to peek around, like I was when I saw that site. We need the traffic on here and the new memebers!!

We just really need things re-amped here. Or else JohnLocke won't be the only member leaving the forums. Any ideas that you guys have? I know it will be welcomed and considered!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
yeah its missing something... i dont even see cali people posting up anymore :( well i stopped for sure because of my school and the same questions being posted up... there is only so much thing we can talk about or V and manufacturers are not showing support. I mean they will build something like a full cat back but not even build a working header or turbo kit or better headlamp for us. I mean if they create a decent looking projectors and tail light that is right on the money people will buy it but a half ass projectors wouldnt do it... I bought the angel eyes projectors too and im looking at it and it just makes me want to take it off but its on there and i dont have my passenger oem lamp anymore... unlike scion or yaris or fit they have new parts to talk about that is in the descent price range... how about body kit that actually fits our versa and side mirrors with turn signal lights... build something for the versa that can make our V safer instead of just making it fast... besides as of now im liking my 24mpg city driving(hard stop and flooring per green light) and 30mpg on highway (1 full tank from los angeles to san pablo (a little further from san francisco) which is roughly 400 miles. awww this turn out to be a rant... but yeah this is my post for the the last 3 months or so.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree about the Scikotics forum, but I really think the simplicity of our forum here is rather nice. I also agree that it could use some adjustments, but to copy another forums page layout probably won't fix the problem we have with fewer members and traffic.

Perhaps we could try to push/advertise our site better and refer people here by word of mouth and on websites! And redo the front page so it looks better.

Other than that, traffic is the number one thing we need, and enthusiasm! Don't give up, we already have a lot of great members here and information...so all we need is more Versa owners!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but to copy another forums page layout probably won't fix the problem we have with fewer members and traffic.
nooo i didn't mean copy what they have, just was giving an example of a nice looking forum that makes people want to look around. just ideas

·
Registered
330 Posts
........i am pretty sure there is more information on this forum than nico club if we are comparing. How come only 4 members are worried about the direction the forum is going. The other 395 seem not too worried. NVF is a great forum. I haven't even covered all facets of this forum but I will when I start modding. JL was setting sail for a while now.:yesnod:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
out of the 395 that are registered on here...i think theres 15-20 average that post on here...if that. i know a lot of people get on here and just read the info...but we need more posting activity.
if nothing changes....we're going to lose more people than we already have.
imo

·
Registered
620 Posts
........i am pretty sure there is more information on this forum than nico club if we are comparing.
Not even close to more information. Im like 110% sure..

How come only 4 members are worried about the direction the forum is going. The other 395 seem not too worried. NVF is a great forum. I haven't even covered all facets of this forum but I will when I start modding. JL was setting sail for a while now.:yesnod:
From a website view, 395 members isn't a lot considering that there are a lot of people on the web now-a-days. Everything has advanced and some things have just sort of faded out. Social Networks are the top websites now. I'm been thinking about using some F8 API's in programming just because everyone typically has a Facebook account.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.