Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my 2014 VersaNote SV Nav has similar problem. The Nissan Vehicule Immobilizer System (NVIS), i.e. the <little red car with black key in it> indicator on dash display stays ON at all times while the car is functioning. It does not disallow me to start the car. Before going to dealer, as my warranty is up, I wanted to know if there was a quick fix? My keyless FOB are ok, battery is fine....pls advise! thx

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi all, my 2014 VersaNote SV Nav has similar problem. The Nissan Vehicule Immobilizer System (NVIS), i.e. the <little red car with black key in it> indicator on dash display stays ON at all times while the car is functioning. It does not disallow me to start the car. Before going to dealer, as my warranty is up, I wanted to know if there was a quick fix? My keyless FOB are ok, battery is fine....pls advise! thx

Don't know is this is of any help..................

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1024167/Nissan-Note.html?page=108

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ,thx for info, but still stays on, regardless. Tried unplugging battery overnite, but still same result. Decided to bring to NISSAN dealer. They worked on it for 1.5hr and managed to clear the <error> code per the diagnoistic program they ran on car. But when I picked up car 4 hrs later, the light came back on. So after 105$cdn later still same result. The dealer stated they will have to run diagnostics to the NATS antenna, which may be defective. So it may cost be another 150$ before they resolve the issue....real bummer ...

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Did you pay with a credit card or debit card? You can tellem you are going to dispute the charges unless its fixed. You shouldnt have to pay twice for the same problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing