Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I heard this from a ranger site about whether the oil on a k&n filter contaminating the MAF. While i doubt this, a contaminated MAF could be a problem for MPG. I have the o so common drop in MPG that seems to plague the versa and was wondering if anyone has tried to clean the sensor yet.

Also to those who have replaced the O2 sensor, why? Is this an attempt to again fix the MPG problem or was a code thrown? If a code was thrown, does this trip the CEL light or does it take more than just the O2 sensor being out of whack?

·
Registered
224 Posts
K&N oil getting on the MAF will cause more than mpg troubles it will cause drive-ability and idling issues, the O2 sensor when it goes bad it will throw a code that turns on the cel lamp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the o2 heads up. as to the k&n, i agree with you if a large amount of oil were to adhere to the MAF then it would screw things up. But if relatively small amounts of oil contaminated the MAF, that would be enough to affect the performance of the sensor without setting off the knock sensors from running the engine lean.

another way to diagnose this is a question. Do any of yall who have mpg drops have the k&n panels or is this just a universal thing?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey,

I heard this from a ranger site about whether the oil on a k&n filter contaminating the MAF. While i doubt this, a contaminated MAF could be a problem for MPG. I have the o so common drop in MPG that seems to plague the versa and was wondering if anyone has tried to clean the sensor yet.

Also to those who have replaced the Oxygen sensor, why? Is this an attempt to again fix the MPG problem or was a code thrown? If a code was thrown, does this trip the CEL light or does it take more than just the O2 sensor being out of whack?
Im not intending to put this up but just in addition. of course you need to run an injector cleaner to make it easier. On the other hand, you can use a scanner to figure out what's really behind those sensors. Got replaced two sensors and running the cleaner afterward.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
thanks for the o2 heads up. as to the k&n, i agree with you if a large amount of oil were to adhere to the MAF then it would screw things up. But if relatively small amounts of oil contaminated the MAF, that would be enough to affect the performance of the sensor without setting off the knock sensors from running the engine lean.

another way to diagnose this is a question. Do any of yall who have mpg drops have the k&n panels or is this just a universal thing?
Sounds like you should stop using the filter and filter oil.

Im not intending to put this up but just in addition. of course you need to run an injector cleaner to make it easier. On the other hand, you can use a scanner to figure out what's really behind those sensors. Got replaced two sensors and running the cleaner afterward.
Injector cleaner is a waste, its all in your head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts