Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working with an 07 Versa S with 140K miles. I have 3 codes P1148, P0031, P0130. I have already replaced the upstream O2 sensor with a with a Denso 234-9070. I have unplugged the negative battery terminal for hours to reset the light and it comes back on instantly. I have also checked the fuse for the O2 sensor and it looks fine. I am starting to think it may be a wiring issue and would like to check the grounds and the voltage on the connector. Can anyone help me find what would be a correct reading from each of the 4 pins and maybe a good wire diagram of the system I am working with. I am also open to any and all suggestions on a solution to these 3 three codes. I have done some searching and found plenty of people with the same 3 codes but no one ever seems to solve it or they never update the thread with the solution they found.

·
Registered
707 Posts
We are working with an 07 Versa S with 140K miles. I have 3 codes P1148, P0031, P0130. I have already replaced the upstream O2 sensor with a with a Denso 234-9070. I have unplugged the negative battery terminal for hours to reset the light and it comes back on instantly. I have also checked the fuse for the O2 sensor and it looks fine. I am starting to think it may be a wiring issue and would like to check the grounds and the voltage on the connector. Can anyone help me find what would be a correct reading from each of the 4 pins and maybe a good wire diagram of the system I am working with. I am also open to any and all suggestions on a solution to these 3 three codes. I have done some searching and found plenty of people with the same 3 codes but no one ever seems to solve it or they never update the thread with the solution they found.
Give this a look, ans see if it helps:

The factory recommends to Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data after replacing the sensor. Instruction to clear the Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that after replacing the sensor and it didn't seem to help the SEL. I will say it seems the vehicle is running fine, no real noticable issues. It was for sure running a bit rich before I replaced the sensor but it seems better now. This dang light just won't go off.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I tried that after replacing the sensor and it didn't seem to help the SEL. I will say it seems the vehicle is running fine, no real noticable issues. It was for sure running a bit rich before I replaced the sensor but it seems better now. This dang light just won't go off.
The code may be stored in the ECM (Engine Control Module). You make no mention of using a code reader to clear the faults, and some are stored and will not clear by just disconnecting the battery. If you do not have a code reader, some of the auto supply stores will do a code reading for free and will try to clear the code for you. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that is great info. I was unaware that some codes would persist after the battery had been disconnected for a long period of time. I did actually visit one of the big name auto parts store and requested that they clear the codes but I have my doubts that they cleared them. They seemed more interested in selling me a brake bundle or some hand cleaner. I am actually looking for a USB to OBD2 cable plus some good software to accompany it. I would like to be able to view/reset trouble codes and also get real-time data. Anyone have a recommendation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I took pimperell's advice and bought an inexpensive OBDII scanner and manually cleared the three codes. I Drove the car for about 70 miles and the three original codes never returned. This morning I decided to drive it to work and a new code was triggered. This time P0420. My quick google looks like it could be the cat not functioning well. So now is it actually the cat or something else? If I had to guess I would say the old O2 sensor had been bad for a very long time and no doubt the car was running very rich. Could all the time of running rich have damaged the cat? Have we long needed a cat and now that we are getting accurate upstream readings finding this out? Do you all have any ideas on my next best move?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I haven't had a car with P0420 showing that didn't need a new cat.
Just make sure you get one that is OBDII compliant, as the super cheap ones sometimes don't play nice with the ECM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This ebay listing says it is EPA and OBDII certified and is $100. Do you all think I can trust it? Is the installation on these cars as easy as it looks? And what are the odds I need a new downstream sensor too? I hear some people say when you replace the cat you should replace that sensor too but I am trying to do this on the cheap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My parents’s car has similar issues. I researched the heck out of this as well. I would not trust any claims of Ebay ads. Ebay has been like a flea market for years. No regulation etc... I have also read on numerous car forums that they dont work and it was money wasted. The cleaner type products dont work either. I looked at Rock Auto and they start at $200 and go to $400 for your Versa depending on brand. Id start there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts