Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the HR16 header that OBX currently offers a true 4-2-1 header whereas the MR headers are merely optimized stock headers? I noticed the bolt patterns are the same, so if the runners are the same diameters i'd rather take an HR16 header to put on my MR.

Product Name - OBX Racing Sports

The runners are way longer. The only thing i have a problem with is the placement of the (true) O2 sensor in one single runner.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But this is more of a proper 4-2-1 header.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The welds between pipe and flange are what fails, I am doing straight pipe myself for this reason. The welds just rust off. Happened at the cat/downpipe to mid pipe joint, and at rear muffler flange. Straight pipe in preparation for rear mount turbo, GT2056V Jeep turbo flange welded on where the turbo will be located where old muffler was. It's been a huge PITA because the downpipe keeps falling out of the flange joint, especially when driving on rough roads. I have to keep raising the car and forcing it back in for the noise and vibration to stay at a tolerable/legal level. Although on the bright side it's showed me how these motors sound straight piped. The idle sounds nice, lopier than expected, course high RPM just sounds like a ricecar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.