Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
the design of the HR OBX header actually looks pretty nice. I'm sure the quality isn't all that great. Only thing that bothers me is no flex pipe anywhere. I would think alot of stress would be put on that item when shifting.

It is odd that the O2 sensor is on a single runner. I usually see them on the collector for two of the runners. If that one cylinder, sparkplug, coil pack, or injector were not working properly you will get some funky readings from that O2.

I wonder if anyone has ever purchased one of these and used it. I'm betting you would see few hp's under the curve on a dyno with it. I couldn't see any header really making too much on Versa's. The 1.6 and 1.8 come stock with tubular design and the cat pipes are pretty beefy.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I bought a cheap header once for a car. I only got it because the stock down pipe rotted out and a replacement was over double of the cheap header and pipe. The usual fitment problems and cheap construction applied to that one as well.

Ironically I think this same thing has happened to my Versa. I think my cat pipe is rotting away. My car is loud and the sound seems like it's coming from that area. No clue what I am going to do. I guess just drive it until something falls off. After that maybe a custom setup as I got a guy who does nice work. Only problem is it will run me between $3-400 I assume.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.