Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was skeptical about the OBX header at first, then after I went for a spin in Superskunks car I knew I really wanted one. There are noticeable torque gains throughout the RPM's and the needle moves considerably well through 5k to Redline where the Versa tends to bog down on performance. I love the header, I don't think anybody would be disappointed at all. I would say go for it, you will like the gains. The header definetly put a smile on my face as soon as i hit the gas I felt the car have more power and it makes the car just a lot more fun to drive. I had the header welded to the stock CAT's because I get pulled over all the time and the last thing I need is a cop to look under my car to find that Im running a straight pipe. Maybe later down the road I will put the straight pipe but for now it's just the header to the CAT's. The whole install took 2hrs 50min. and it cost me $130. i tried to get the pictures in some sort of order. Hope everyone likes the pictures.

Here are some pix of the install :)

The obx header

My Car that needs a wash, bad.

took out the oem cats

The oem header after the cats were taken out

The cats and the straight pipe side by side. i noticed that the straight pipe and the oem pipe have the same diameter

The heatshield (i didn't have them install this back on the obx header)

Oem header taken out, notice in the 4 pipes they are crimped at the end to fit in together, and then tightly packed in.

Notice the difference inside the OEM header compared to the Obx header at the beginning of the post. These look really small and restrictive.

Side by side comparison

Welded the flange from the down pipe onto the pre-cat

Obx header now installed and in place

Cut and adjusted my exhaust to make sure everything fit

Obx Header installed

So that's it for the pictures. Here is the exhaust video, first with the OEM header and then the OBX header and then some sound bytes at the end. hope you guys like it

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks and sounds great, i may have to add this to my list of mods

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad you guys like it, hopefully it might help convince someone in getting it :) like djmurfi

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeh, i have to work it into my plans, as i dont have access to all the tools i would need, if only i could magically have them all appear in my garage lol someday!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my fuel economy has been getting a little bit better since the header install... but however thats when im not flooring it!
ya ive noticed better fuel economy since installing this part. but just like skunk, when you are flooring it, you might as well just lower the window, reach into your pocket and start throwing your cash out the window.

well its not that bad, but if you do floor it you will see a decrease. if you are just cruising though, you won't even see the needle move :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
SoOoo...Skunk & Tango you guys have had the OBX headers installed for about 3 months now, how's it been holding up for you guys? Any new issues? I've been looking at ordering one but need more insight.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i sent you a PM a couple minutes ago. my intenet has been down for over a week and im using my gf's laptop at the moment. i like the header w/ its gains. i would recommend installing the whold downpipe though to avoid problems later down the road.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hmmm...well I don't it should effect emissions that much, what do you think? I just really want to order them...or should I wait for something better that may be release soon??? You have any insight on some new vendors for headers skunk?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't see 1 single thing other than the price that is decent about the OBX header.

- The welds around the runners and the collector looks like ass.

- The collector piping and quality looks like ass. (the runner holes are uneven in the collector, wtf?)

- The OBX header definitely has unequal length runners.

- The exhaust flanges are not pressed like the bare bones OEM one to reduce weight.

- Many OBX stainless steel parts are known to rust in california. Granted S/S is not rust PROOF, still it's sad if they rust in california.

Massive Fail on so many levels, The chinese junk can't even copy stuff right.

Now, this is a quality header:

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I like what everyone is doing to their V with the header. I'm not going to touch the header at all, just going to get CAI and axle back exhaust when I have time and money saved aside for it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
it has a better cosmetic weld on it :p i think obx is setting the base model of all the headers that is about to come out for the V :p ^_^v

1 - 20 of 47 Posts