Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i like the header, its better than oem performance wise, thats all i really care about

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
ok so I installed the flex pipe which eliminated the cats, and now my car is louder and i cant tell if there are any real gains until i get the CEL turned off and then i should be able to tell you guys.... oh yeah and also we have a dyno day coming up quick so i will be able to post some numbers.... stay tuned....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just curious when you had the OBX headers installed, what caused the CEL to come on?
a header will cause a cel when a cat or precat is moved/removed. the o2 sensor in the header reads the air mixture as being off without having the precat/cat there. a common way to fix it is to use a drilled out anti-fouler on the end of the o2 sensor to give it some space, and then clear the code. the spacer normally keeps the code from coming back on. another (much more expensive) way to do it is with uprev, and make the ecu think the new air mixture is normal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
a header will cause a cel when a cat or precat is moved/removed. the o2 sensor in the header reads the air mixture as being off without having the precat/cat there. a common way to fix it is to use a drilled out anti-fouler on the end of the o2 sensor to give it some space, and then clear the code. the spacer normally keeps the code from coming back on. another (much more expensive) way to do it is with uprev, and make the ecu think the new air mixture is normal.
i have this issue on my sentra but sadly i can not even use uprev on my year

·
Registered
656 Posts
im running it fully open and no SES but its definately a lil too loud....i recommend having the cat on or a silencer.

EDIT: i had a glass pack resonator installed today and it made a huge difference. a deeper sound at low rpms and much quieter in cabin

V

·
0 Posts
Looking into adding this header to my wife's 2010 hatch 1.8 any problems with this header at all? looking tp pair it up with stillen exhaust and cai

My wife and i are tuners and needed a family car so we traded her celica for a versa and she fell in love with it and now wants to start moding it here soon we will be ordering parts for it such as:

Stillen axleback (will be adding full piping )
Lip kit and both spoilers
Cai

NTD throttle tuner
Nex coils
Vis cf hood
Dr19 17inch rims
Stillen bbk

Anzo head and tail lights

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok I broke down an bought this header. I got the obx complete exhaust. Is it something that can be tackled at an auto hobby shop without having to cut or weld anything?
I've done all my own work on my versa, but for some reason this seems slightly intimidating.

·
Registered
221 Posts
if u dont put the cats on then yeah u could do it in your garage if u can get the car high enough or ur skinny enouigh to fit under the car when its jacked up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are there any other alternatives to the OBX header? Any updates on the DC Sport one? I want to make sure that I buy a good quality one the first time..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are there any other alternatives to the OBX header? Any updates on the DC Sport one? I want to make sure that I buy a good quality one the first time..
i was waiting for the Dc sport one because i got DC sport CAI and Catback i wanted so bad to keep it dc all the way.... saw some people here saying that versaspeed was testing one but it was last year posts. Now i sent an e-mail to DC sports in april they told me that by this summer we will be able to buy one.... that isnt true, the header still not available and dc do not answer to my mails anymore. So ill have to go for that obx one i think

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've had mine on for awhile and its great, no problems at all

·
Registered
35 Posts
Talked to a DC Sports sales rep and he said, as well as Bob from Versaspeed, that they are just waiting for it to be shipped...whatever that means..but they said it should be available the second week of August 2012...cross your fingers and wait if you want to...we'll see if this fans out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone that has the obx header:
How long have you had it?
Any problems with leaking or gaskets going bad?
got my obx headers and down pipe installed today... took a while cause factory header bolts wouldnt come out..... another problem was the o2 sensor wouldnt fit so had to drill a whole on the side of the down pipe so it could fit with a spacer.. No CEL has come on so thats good. Pretty quite on idle... Notice it dont shook up after 60 and take of is better.. Also sounds pretty good when taking off. Cant wait till i get my straight pipe and Mag flow down.. Then it will sound a whole lot better

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had the obx headers for a lil while now and no leaks at all. no problems. I reused the stock gasket instead of the cheap paper one that comes with the header. If you've never done a header install where it's facing the rear instead of the front, then I suggest you take it somewhere where they have lifts and the proper tools. CUZ IT'S A BITCH!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any word on the DC HEADERS??? Been waiting a while for these...
That would be the last piece of the trifecta :)

BTW
Nobody ever mentions the need for a HAF Resonator when you install CAI and CATback; this should really be a topic.. Unless you want cops writing you up every so often.. I learned the hard way that the growl w/o is alot too EXTRA to do w/o one. Hoping the header doesn't throw me back to that volume once they are actually available and installed; have no tricks after that happens to silence it...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts