Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question guys. I might be looking to get this sometime in the future. I want it later cause I got some parts I wanna put on before I do this.

My question is simple. Is it worth it?

I ask this cause I have read a little about it. They say its very good and I know Skunk and Tango have this so tell me about it guys!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i love the gains, they are noticable and you have your RPMs climb faster and more consistent. i love it. i wouldn't go back to the OEM one.

question for you though.... if you got the header would you be installing JUST the header itself or the full header with the downpipe?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Biggest performance increase you can get (aside from the trusty 'snail mod') is a decent set of headers and exhaust.

On another thread I said piss the 'chip' mod off and spend your money on something worthwhile....this is it! XD

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love the gains, they are noticable and you have your RPMs climb faster and more consistent. i love it. i wouldn't go back to the OEM one.

question for you though.... if you got the header would you be installing JUST the header itself or the full header with the downpipe?
I'm not real sure what I would want to do. What do you think is the best?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm not real sure what I would want to do. What do you think is the best?
it depends on where you live and if its legal or not. Skunk and I only used the header and welded it to the stock Cats because its illegal to not have cats in cali. the laws very where you live. its your choice if you want the downpipe or not really. its just a debate if you want to keep it smog legal or not (if your state has smog laws)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it depends on where you live and if its legal or not. Skunk and I only used the header and welded it to the stock Cats because its illegal to not have cats in cali. the laws very where you live. its your choice if you want the downpipe or not really. its just a debate if you want to keep it smog legal or not (if your state has smog laws)
No smog laws where I live currently. Do you have weld the header I saw on ebay it just says it bolts on. I havent looked at my stock one to say if its welded or bolt on to the rest of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you only need to weld it if you do not want the downpipe. it will bolt up with the header and dowpipe to the exhaust but may require slight modification to the stock exhaust (not sure)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.