Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
It is really nice to see some aftermarket support for the HR16.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i have it on my mr18 and its great

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wouldn't touch anything that OBX makes with a ten foot pole. I wouldn't even use it if it was free.

I've tried their header on my Honda and it was a huge POS. Poor fitment, the flanges weren't flat and eventually warped causing a huge leak and CEL.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
No flex pipe?!?! HR motor has been out for awhile and used as the sporty engine in some euro cars. I wonder if they have more performance parts.

·
Registered
440 Posts
No flex pipe?!?! HR motor has been out for awhile and used as the sporty engine in some euro cars. I wonder if they have more performance parts.
The OBX header I had for my Honda also did not have a flex pipe even though the factory manifold did. A flex pipe is there for a reason and obviously OBX has no idea what they are for.

Also, OBX customer service is non-existent.....as is their warranty claims. Trust me.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
well since I seem to have developed a leak somewhere between the engine and the cat pipe I've been looking into some NON OEM replacements since OEM will be a ton of money depending on where my leak is.

Plus since then DC header is out for the 1.8 and talks of 1.6 happening, and all Versa's now come with the hr16de I assume more items will be made for this engine.

So has anyone yet tried out this OBX header on their 1.6? Still not fond of no flex but curious if anyone bought this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.