Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Code is for "Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input"

I was about to fill up my tank when the Check Engine light came on. I filled up my tank, pulled over and ran my code reader which gave me this error.

I cleared the code and so far it has not come back and the car is running normally. Fuel Gauge seems to be working.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is this something I need to be concerned about should it return?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It may sound like a stupid question but did you check the gas cap? The GFs old protege had a similar issue (not sure the code number). She filled up as a full service and the dumb asses didn't tighten the gas cap all the way and the CEL came on.

·
Registered
690 Posts
High input means resistance (corrosion, sketchy pins/connectors, bad ground), won't have anything to do with gas cap. Lift vertically on lower seat, remove the fuel tank access plate, and check the connectors. Don't know how much crap you have on the roads you drive on, but when i did my FPR this spring (when snow was just beginning to melt away) there was alot of mud up there. Had to get a vacuum in there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW the code came back once the the fuel level got below a quarter tank.

Filled the car back up and had to clear the code again.

Need to get an oil change next week so I will probably ask about it then.

Hopefully it is just a bad connection or road gunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.