Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 hatchback 1.8SL with about 95k miles on it. Car runs good except every now and then the CVT will fail to engage the correct gear when coming to a stop and it will just act like it's in neutral until I actually put it in neutral then back into drive. This has happened probably three times in the last month or so even though I just had the routine maintenance done and everything checked out.

I've also noticed that when I am on the highway and doing about 75 the RPMs will bounce back and forth from 3.5k to 4k very predictably and steady. I was under the assumption that the CVT was supposed to maintain a steady RPM as long as my throttle pressure doesn't increase/decrease. I did just have to replace the battery yesterday but I doubt that would have had an impact for these issues.

The transmission itself sounds fine and feels smooth other than the above mentioned. Any ideas? Should I not worry about it unless it continues to happen? This car is my first one with CVT so I'm not sure what to expect with the higher mileage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.