Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
After 56K miles it is time for a new set of brake pads and shoes. Does anyone know who makes the OEM parts for Nissan or suggest the best set of pads and shoes for a stock set up. I think the rotors and drums just need resurfacing and should be ok.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello,
After 56K miles it is time for a new set of brake pads and shoes. Does anyone know who makes the OEM parts for Nissan or suggest the best set of pads and shoes for a stock set up. I think the rotors and drums just need resurfacing and should be ok.
really?? my oem brakes lasted 91k miles then started squealing. and i ride my brakes HARD through canyons and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I would be very interested in this information as well. My brakes are still minty fresh at 78k miles. My driving style is not the norm so my brakes last very long. But when the time comes I too want what came on the car.

Note that if you buy from a dealer it may not be what came on the car. I found out that parts installed at the plant do differ from parts available to dealers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Note that if you buy from a dealer it may not be what came on the car. I found out that parts installed at the plant do differ from parts available to dealers.
This is a good piece of info you have just shared. I am very happy with performance that I have gotten out of these disks and rotors and would like to continue to use these quality parts in the car, that is why I was interested to know this bit of information. By the way, I have the standard breaks for the SL with the MR18DE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.