Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2015 Versa Note and as I put a lot of miles on my car I was wondering if anyone is using anything special. I always put in synthetic and with the inexpensive cost of the Pennzoil series I would tend to lean to that. Anyone recommend anything else? Nissan Ester oil? Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I drive alot as well. Though only about 25k miles a year now it had been as high as almost 40k. I do the 7,500 mile oil changes using walmart synthetic unless there is a cheaper deal available. I try and use the pure one oil filters. They are a little bit more expensive but with such long oil change intervals it gives me peace of mind. Ihave used cheap filters in a pinch though. My current Versa has 192k miles and is running great. My previous vehicle I did pretty much the same thing and I sold that car with 218k miles and it too ran great.

I would not run the Ester or anything other than the cheap synthetics. In my experience it would just be throwing money away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice. A quick question. Do you have the 1.6 or the 1.8 engine. I have heard some reports that the 1.6 does fair better with the ester oil. I do agree that under regular circumstances that the cheapest synthetic today is over kill for a 5k oil change cycle. But there have been some comments about that ester oil on the 1.6 that nag me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ran the 5w-20 Mobil dealer bulk, and Nissan filter.

After warranty I ran long OCI's changed oil at 10k, with NAPA Gold filter and Mobil 1.

Worked great, now I'm still using NAPA Gold filter, and switching over to Kendall Semi-Synthetic motor oil "with Titanium additive" It's half the price of Mobil Synthetic.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I have the hr16de so 1.6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
robj80
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing