Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done oil changes on my other cars before and was looking to do my own oil change for the first time on my 2012 Versa. Any write-ups, youtubes, tips tricks, etc.?

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
There is a video on YouTube if you search. Otherwise, very easy to take off the drain plug, drain, take off the Filter, put on a new one, reinstall the drain plug and refill oil. Don't forget to put on a new copper crush washer on the drain pan plug/bolt.

And of course, safety first make sure your V is properly secured on jack stands or wheel ramps, etc.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did see a write up here on the forum but have not been able to locate it. One of the tricks I learned from the write up was that you can remove the filter from the top. Remove the overflow radiator ( white plastic) with hose still attached and place it to one side. Put on a pair of rubber gloves. You can now reach down with your right hand get at the filer. As long as it is hand tightened, you can remove it. This method saves you from removing the under carriage plastic protector on the 2012 V.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the part number for the crush washer? Is that hard to get off the drain plug? Is it 11026-JA00A?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is the part number for the crush washer? Is that hard to get off the drain plug? Is it 11026-JA00A?
part# 11026-JA00A just bought some at Nissan dealer for my 2015 Versa Note but he said all the Nissan's use the same one. they were 99 cents each. You can buy several at a time off ebay cheaper but 99 cents was fine with me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts