Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 2017 Nissan versa s plus. I always use mobil 1 and filter in all my vehicles. I changed my oil in the versa with the 3.75 quart spec from the owners manual. Low and behold the dipstick showed the oil level too high. I drained 20 oz of oil to bring it back to the correct full level. Anyone else have this issue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There are already several other threads on this topic. My last oil change took something like 3 or 3.1 quarts and several others have noted similar experiences. I'm due for another oil change soon so we'll see this will be the second one for me, but I'm going to post my findings in the other older threads because we have more info collected on those.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think Nissan lists inflated oil capacity for Versa just to look in line with other cars. If they listed real number like 3 qt, it would look ridiculously small. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owner manual misprint

How many years has this been going on. Sounds like a sad song. Does anyone speak Japanese.You know the dealers are aware of this? And most of all that tiny tiny oil filter cannot hold 12 oz.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I had a newer honda insight and researched the previous one. The first gen used like 2.5 qt of oil and only mentioned changing the filter every other oil change.

I know when I worked at sears tire america filter changes were extra and not included in the oil drain and fill special. >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts