Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bumper to bumper warranty with Nissan for 10 yrs 100,000 miles. Im tired of going to have my oil changed by brain dead grease monkeys. Last trip to get oil changed was a joke. Checked the dip stick and just had enough oil in the motor to keep the low oil light off! I can change it myself, that's no problem, but i dont want to screw up any thing with documenting my oil changes. So question is, if I start to do my oil my self what will Nissan accept for documentation that oil changes (by me)????

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
buy your oil filters from the dealer and have them stamp your book. I don't know if for sure they will stamp it but you should ask. Reason I say buy from dealer is they will have a record that you purchased them.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
wow two hours! There has got to be 50 nissan dealers within 2 hours from where I live. I forget other parts of the country are not as congested as the north east.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
ALl you need for warranty coverage is a receit for oil and a filter. a 1.8 takes 3.9L of 5W30
I always write the milage on the receipt and keep in in the manual with the service schedule.
Good to know cuz I'm gonna change oil in the Altima soon, but I will get Parkway Nissan to do my CVT fluid change. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Good to know cuz I'm gonna change oil in the Altima soon, but I will get Parkway Nissan to do my CVT fluid change. Thanks!
Before Parkway opened I did a few oil changes at home, and they have never questioned me about it when getting warranty work done.

Tell them HK Versa sent ya! They all know me.

Oh and Parkway has coupons online for $26.95 oil changes :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
The plus about changing the oil yourself is you can change your oil with synthetic oil instead of the dealership changing the oil with dino oil and doing it for less than the dealership will charge. Having peace of mind knowing you tightened the filter and drain plug instead of hoping the mechanic did at the dealership and seeing for yourself that the drain plug and oil filter is not leaking any oil is priceless.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
^exactly. I didn't think it's that hard to mess up, but it's been done! Like the synth too, every 10000km

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.