Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing a monthly inspection underneath my Versa today I noticed there is oil seeping from where the engine meets the transmission. Car barely has 7k miles. Anyone else have this issue with low miles ?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
While doing a monthly inspection underneath my Versa today I noticed there is oil seeping from where the engine meets the transmission. Car barely has 7k miles. Anyone else have this issue with low miles ?

Thanks
That is definitely NOT normal! I'd get it in to the dealer and get it checked out ASAP. And be sure to document everything! I have 72K on my '15 Versa and no leaks. Yours should be the same, if not better than mine!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 16 SV Note started leaking oil after the dealership did an oil change. I called, they said come in right now. I did and they (claim at least) that the crush washer split when tightened (faulty washer). It was replaced, oil changed for a second time in two days and I was given a slip for a free oil change next time.

So far my dealership has been very good to work with.

As mentioned, don't mess with it ….get it back to the dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dealer looked at it and said fresh oil seeping out and making area wet is not a leak until it hits the ground and its normal for new cars to have seepage , we just need to watch it ! Guess that explains why around all other seals and gaskets is dry as far as I can see ? !! Also Nissan will not cover a leak unless it hits the ground ! Guess I caught the failed seal too soon.. Have to wait for it to get worse and start leaking on my driveway before its covered ? I am very much regretting the purchase of my Versa right now. This along with an unknown intermittent issue with cvt they can't duplicate is very concerning. I had a sentra in the 90's and it was a very good car with no issues. Alot has changed since then IMO. I had originally planned on paying this car off within 6 months and buying my wife a Nissan Suv. Not anymore. My experience with Nissan is very disappointing and I will definetly choose Honda or Toyota for my wife's Suv..

Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just MAKE SURE you have the paperwork from the dealer to DOCUMENT your concern, so that in the event the oil seepage continues the dealer cannot deny that the car was never seen. With my wife's 2009 versa sedan purchased new, I had a similar situation with the engine making a knocking noise with only a few thousand miles on the engine. Took it to the dealer and they "diagnosed" in as a fuel injection pulse noise, and it was NORMAL. After a few years, the noise go louder especially in the cold weather when first started. From my own experience, I knew it was a piston slap, and not a fuel injection noise. Just prior to my power train warranty expiring, I brought the car back to the dealership in the dead of winter, left it over night, and made arrangements to have the car started cold, with mechanic present. The mechanic agreed that it was indeed a piston slap, and the engine was changed out in short order. All of my concerns and maintenance were well documented both on the dealership's computer and the paperwork I had, so there was no way they could find any loose ends to say it wasn't a defect from the factory. Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am documenting everything. I had to ask for documentation, normally they give you a copy of everything. They did not list it as oil on print out, they listed it as a "liquid".
Its oil!!! , I put some on my finger and it smells like oil.

I don't know if Nissan has anyone reading these threads but if they do I hope they are taking notes on why they are losing repeat customers to other brands.

I love that the car gets great gas mileage, better than what it is rated and car looks great, however gas mileage and looks cannot replace reliability of a vehicle.

If im having these issues with such low miles, I can only imagine what I will be dealing with down the road l ?????

I will sell this car before warranty is expired and will never buy another Nissan.

Im glad I chose to purchase my car first before spending more money on an Suv for my wife...

Now that we know what kind of company Nissan is, there is no way I would buy a more expensive vehicle from them. Warranty is no good if everything wrong is considered " normal " lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
OP, do you have another Nissan dealer around? I would bring the car to another dealer and bring this issue up without explicitly mentioning previous visits to the first dealer. They may see it on their computer system, but at this point they may chose to deal with the problem.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Agree with Slickversa:

Just go in fat, dumb and ignorant.....joke joke joke

I have a large dealership in the town I live in but you are just a number and they sure don't care about you. I drive to a small dealership in the next town. Feel like they know me and sure act like they are always glad to see me. Another odd thing is their prices are cheaper. An oil change is $39 at the big dealership and $23 at the small one I go to. Haven't had anything else done but I think it's just because they have a lower overall shop rate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I wiped the entire area clean on Thursday at the dealership when the car was still in the air. They brought me back to shop to explain to me why this was normal. Its now Sunday and the oil is leaking. " im sorry seeping " back out.

I dont care what they say, this seal has failed. The head guy told me they don't ever have to replace the seals in this area. Well that is probably true!! Nissan just says its seepage and refuses to replace.

I have never had a vehicle where the main seal failed under 10k miles.

I am livid about the possibility that my engine and trans may have to be dropped out of my brand new car to replace this cheap *** $20 part they used.....

See pic below !

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wiped the entire area clean on Thursday at the dealership when the car was still in the air. They brought me back to shop to explain to me why this was normal. Its now Sunday and the oil is leaking. " im sorry seeping " back out.

I dont care what they say, this seal has failed. The head guy told me they don't ever have to replace the seals in this area. Well that is probably true!! Nissan just says its seepage and refuses to replace.

I have never had a vehicle where the main seal failed under 10k miles.

I am livid about the possibility that my engine and trans may have to be dropped out of my brand new car to replace this cheap *** $20 part they used.....

See pic below !
NISSAN CARES...
Both Nissan and your Nissan dealer are
dedicated to serving all your automotive
needs. Your complete satisfaction with
your vehicle and your Nissan dealer are our
primary concerns. Your Nissan dealer is
always available to assist you with all your
automobile service requirements.
If, however, a situation arises that you
believe has not been addressed to your
satisfaction, we ask that you take the
following steps:
STEP 1:
Discuss the situation with the dealership’s
manager. If a problem still exists, contact
the dealership’s Consumer Affairs Manager
or owner. They are best equipped to
resolve the matter for you.
STEP 2:
If the concern has still not been addressed
to your satisfaction, please contact our
(Nissan’s) Consumer Affairs Department
using our toll free number:
The Consumer Affairs Department will ask
for the following information:
Your name, address, and telephone
number
Vehicle identification number (on
dashboard)
Date of purchase
Current odometer reading
Your Nissan dealer’s name
Details of the concern
Or you can write to Nissan with the above
information at:
Nissan North America, Inc.
Consumer Affairs Department
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003

Tel. 1-800-647-7261

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealership refuses to do anything with it. Told me to call Nissan consumer affairs if I disagree with them. So I called consumer affairs and opened a case. Waiting to hear back.
Also going to file a complaint with NHTSA tomorrow due to the oil leak being a potential fire hazard.
The incompetence at this dealership is bewildering...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nissan Consumer Affairs is completely useless.. Rep said she talked to dealership and they stated no repairs were necessary.. Case closed..

Their incompetence knows no bounds !!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is crazy. Allow the oil to drip on your driveway and then discuss with the dealership the process of having them reimburse you to get your driveway cleaned on a regular basis. That rear main seal needs to be replaced and the morons at the dealership can't even figure that out.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly ! I am astounded at the incompetence at this dealership and Nissan.. Looking at my legal options now..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you read this post please like and share my new facebook page titled. " Nissan versa horror story "

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
tmccorr
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing