Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GF's '12 with the 1.6L developed a pretty decent leak from the piece where the filter threads onto. It doesn't occur when the vehicle is off but once the vehicle is turned on it leaks heavily. The leak does not appear to be coming from the top of the filter and no oil is present at either oil cooler line or the head.

I can't find any example of this part anywhere online. Anyone have any ideas? I am assuming there is a gasket somewhere in there that has failed.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
GF's '12 with the 1.6L developed a pretty decent leak from the piece where the filter threads onto. It doesn't occur when the vehicle is off but once the vehicle is turned on it leaks heavily. The leak does not appear to be coming from the top of the filter and no oil is present at either oil cooler line or the head.

I can't find any example of this part anywhere online. Anyone have any ideas? I am assuming there is a gasket somewhere in there that has failed.

Below is a link to the shop manual in PDF files. Just click on the EM listed file and open it, and it should have a diagram of the entire engine so you can get some idea of what is in that area. Good luck!!

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2012/Sedan/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 4 of 4 Posts