Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this car (within a week ago) and was checking out my parking jobs with the new dimensions (you know how it is..)

... and in the front under the bumper i came across this. it's quite strange. i know for a FACT that since i've been driving this i've touched NOTHING with it.

I'm wondering if it's damage from securing straps while in transit on a semi. maybe the car was inverted, and the straps came up from the axle/wheel/control arm/whatever and attached to an anchor somewhere up in front of the bumper.

Or maybe this is damage from a shop lift?? I dunno how those really turn out... but i'd imagine they don't get near bumpers...

check it out and let me know what you think! also, should i try to get a few free oil changes from the dealer? they sold this to me with 7 miles. that to me means new. i.e. flawless.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
If it's a new car they should fix any paint defects, the car should've been detailed before it was given to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. they said they did some detailing while we were taking care of business, but it didn't seem like something that took them very long. it was dark out as well...

so you think i can head back there and expect them to fix this up for me? there's slight indentations too. wonder if they'll reform it, as well...

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
They should...dont be surprised if they say its normal wear and tear though. Happened to me a while back when I noticed a rust spot on my gas door. :(

·
Banned
342 Posts
if you didnt point it out at time of delivery i highly doubt the dealer will do anything for you. I know I wouldn't. Delivery is the time to go over the car and point that out. I would have refused the delivery of the car over that damage, which is your legal right-the car is not perfect as it was supposed to be

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
dammit. of course this is the one place i didn't look. hm. even if it's a shot in the dark, i suppose it wouldn't hurt to have them look at it. i guess i would find out if they're a stellar dealership or just your everyday dealership.

you can't really see this unless you're under the car illuminating it with a bright light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jbeau, what do you mean by delivery? delivery to the dealership, refused delivery by dealer?

i bought it from the dealership, for which they were pushing MSRP, which to me means new. i didn't order it as a delivery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
the lift in the shop?

did you get results from your letter?
Yep, orginally the dealer that sold it to me said they would only need it 4-5 days and I would have to provide my own transportation. Told that was no acceptable. Took it to another dealer and they said the paint work would take a month. Had my attorney send them a letter and they agreed to the month long repaint (60% of car repainted thay had to take it apart to fix), plus covered the month long rental. As soon as Nissan got the letter they caved right in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting... so you sent this letter to some corporate office and the corporate office then contacted you or the dealer?

We'll see if it gets to this point. The upside of my job is I know lots of lawyers. ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting... so you sent this letter to some corporate office and the corporate office then contacted you or the dealer?

We'll see if it gets to this point. The upside of my job is I know lots of lawyers. ;)
In your owners manual is an address Nissan Consumer Affairs, sent it to them.
With strict instructions they were to contact me within 10 days of receiving the letter. Or further legal action would be pursed.

Good luck hope it works out for you. :thumb2:

·
Registered
271 Posts
If that is a new car and you received the car that way from the dealership i would fight that all the way. It sounds like it was damaged during delivery to the dealership (by truck etc) or somehow at the dealership (on lift?) but anyhow like someone mentioned contacting a lawyer and/or threaten to leave the car their until it's fixed. (as long as you have other transportation of course) don't just lay there and take it. That's what they want is to deny it and hope you just go away. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had the car for less than a week, got it at 7 miles! Thanks guys, I'll definitely get them to fix this. Thanks for the encouragement. ;)

I was going to go in today but their service department is closed. I think it'll be better for me to go in tomorrow, drive into their garage, point and say, "what's this?"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hey all, just checking in now to update you all! and.......

Cha-ching! SUCCESS.

Gonna have to give a shout out to Campbell Nelson Nissan just north of Seattle. I pulled it into the service garage, started talking about the damage with the folks in there. Eventually the guy who sold me the car and perhaps his manager came out and got down and stared at it. They backed up a few paces. Stared at it some more, with puzzled looks. I was waiting for them to accuse me of something, or start asking questions, but they said nothing. I think the pattern of the damage left them dumbfounded, as it did me. I offered some suggestions as to what it might be, but when I said possible strap damage during delivery, the manager said, "Naaahhh....". I also offered the lift feet idea, but I don't remember them responding.

After this, they went to the back lot to "check out another Versa."

Eventually, the guy who sold me the car came back and said, "You remember that email I sent you, you know the one that talks about the survey about how we did when we sold you the car? And the Google review? If I fix this up will you fill that out for me?"

I said sure, and that was it. Before I knew it, I was in a red 2011 Sentra (which I thought was only ok), and was back in two days to pick up my Versa, but this time with a totally flawless front end.

And there you have it. I thought the turnaround was amazing. They said it was actually done in one day, but the guy who sold it to me wanted a chance to check it out.

So, I'm happy about this. :woot:

And, personally, I like my black Versa interior and exterior better than that Sentra. That car didn't inspire me enough to justify paying whatever extra for it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
forsure: Good to see that you were able to present your case to the dealership with the goal of getting your new vehicle repaired under warranty. The damage to the vehicle should have been picked up by the dealership prior to you taking delivery ( ownership ) I have noticed that the dealership has a process where they prep the new car, have a person go over and explain the features of the car as you sit behind the wheel. Which I would consider part of the team that details the car to make sure all the protective films are removed, how to operate the radio, dash icons, lights, etc. Someone seemed to have missed the damage, or were part of the issue and since you "brought it to their attention" with some valid reasons, it gave them " the solution" to have the problem resolved. Some times a little honey works better before you bring out the vinegar Glad you got the issue resolved.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well congrats forsure! Glad you pursued it and they took care of it (as they should). I remember buying my 2011 HB new and how they were asking me to make sure i gave them excellent comments on the survey. I said sure no problem as long as it's an excellent overall experience buying the car. lol

Yep glad you stuck up and said something especially if you didn't create the damage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.