Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm moving to the Seattle area and will be taking my 2012 Nissan Versa hatchback on the ferry every day. The ferry fares are split into two categories: "under 168"" and "168" and over". Wouldn't it figure that my car is 169.1" in length. Awesome.

So two questions. Can I get one inch shorter by removing the rear bumper cover, or is there a body kit out there that will shorten the car by an inch? I wouldn't care except this difference is gonna cost me $100 a month in fares.

Thanks... David

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey guys. I'm moving to the Seattle area and will be taking my 2012 Nissan Versa hatchback on the ferry every day. The ferry fares are split into two categories: "under 168"" and "168" and over". Wouldn't it figure that my car is 169.1" in length. Awesome.

So two questions. Can I get one inch shorter by removing the rear bumper cover, or is there a body kit out there that will shorten the car by an inch? I wouldn't care except this difference is gonna cost me $100 a month in fares.

Thanks... David
you could always trade to a versa note at 163.7" :D seriously though, aside from backing into someone to shorten your car, i have no idea if a body kit would even shorten your car and may actually lengthen it...only other idea's i have are to find a cheaper route to your destination...anyone else got anything?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sport bumpers may shorten it a little. However, you could see about putting JDM/ROW bumpers on it, they're much shorter because there's no 5MPH impact bumper requirment like here, so less reinforcement in the front end. There's probably alot of bullshittery involved, but it does look (at least IMO) much better. The grill is nicer and the license plate mount is more streamlined.

http://autolistinc.com/car-listing/2007-nissan-tiida/

You can see they're visibly shorter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.