Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed before sunset today I had no headlights. switched to high beams and are working. 2017 Nissan sedan s plus with 45000 mi. Is this under warranty? Also I noticed via my scan guage that my alternator was reading 14.6 v which higher than I usually read. Can an incorrect alternator kill your heads. I think the stealership did a number on me when they replaced my alternator. Whats a competent mechanic worth anyway? Stealerships can ruin your car be warned.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
14.6 volt won't hurt headlights, Fords run at up to 15 all day long and normal using same bulbs...........not to say your system might have other trouble pushing the volt demand up.

Real trouble on alts begins at around 15+ nowadays, the alts charge more than they used to.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The only warranty coverage that you should still have with 45,000 miles is eng/trans. Your total coverage ended at 36,000 miles.

Any chance you have had a minor bump up (accident). Getting bumped when the lights are on greatly increases the chance of them burning out.

Good luck with your problem. Hope it is something minor.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Noticed before sunset today I had no headlights. switched to high beams and are working. 2017 Nissan sedan s plus with 45000 mi. Is this under warranty? Also I noticed via my scan guage that my alternator was reading 14.6 v which higher than I usually read. Can an incorrect alternator kill your heads. I think the stealership did a number on me when they replaced my alternator. Whats a competent mechanic worth anyway? Stealerships can ruin your car be warned.
It might be the low beam relay that has gone bad.

https://www.nissanversaforums.com/general-technical-electrical/28706-2012-nissan-versa-both-low-beam-headlights-out-not-fuses.html

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
X2................I hesitated to mention it since so many cars now have a relay for each function/each side which means 4 instead of 2 (high/low). If it only has 2 then the low beam relay could have died.

If so, simply switching them with each other would tell you when the highs then quit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts