Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a charcoal interior versa with the overhead console?If so can you put up a pic i wanna see how it looks.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I have the charcoal interior in my Versa, the roof is beige though along with the centre overhead console ...

I found a couple on my computer ...

I can take better ones tomorrow of the sunglass holder if you want.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Charcoal interior from the factory has beige roof liner.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I started looking on ebay at damaged SL versa's and emailed them about it, and some had it and others didnt. I never got around to the project, but that's a start.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
That's a great idea man.

And SilverVersa407...i saw this wrecked hatch on CL so let me know if you wanna check it out. It has factory wheels too. That's if they still have it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a great idea man.

And SilverVersa407...i saw this wrecked hatch on CL so let me know if you wanna check it out. It has factory wheels too. That's if they still have it.

Send me the link for the hatch i wanna look at it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the car didn't come with the overhead console, are they already wired to plug in if I can source one? I liked the over head console on my old Vitz but my Versa didn't come with one. It'll be on my list of things to add to the car.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Not sure but it should be power and ground. If its not prewired, which most likely its not, you might have to take the headliner apart in order to access power.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its not that simple. Nissan uses a - door trigger, a 12V+ and a constant -. Its requires a 3 wire hook up. I bought one of the factory overhead consoles from a seller on Ebay a while back, but havent had time to install it. I did the same thing, wiring wise, in my 2000Frontier that I installed a very similar overhead console from a 2003 350Z. If you dont get the wire sequence correct, you will either have no light, pop a fuse, have the light not operate as it should, or other issue. lol Trust me, you have to get the 3 wire hook up right. Now with this said, it could also be a 2 wire hook up IF this console doesnt light up with the door being opened...In this case its a 12+ timed wire, and a constant -. If I get to this soon, I will document and report back here for all interested. This is the 350Z console I used for a custom install in my Frontier's overhead Processor rack I built.... Its difficult to see but I also used a dome light from a 3rd gen Altima near the middle of the overhead rack. All LEDs and soooo bright its light daytime even at night! :)

Not sure but it should be power and ground. If its not prewired, which most likely its not, you might have to take the headliner apart in order to access power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the overhead console in my 09 V. the one with 2 lights and a sunglass holder (like the one pictured in the beginning of this thread).

It does require 3 wires. I did not wire it properly. Didn't have time or all the info. I wasn't sure if the lights should turn on with the door or not (timer). I just wired up the lights to ACC power so I can turn them on manually if I need them. The V was not prewired for it, and I couldn't figure out how the wiring was supposed to go. So when I turn on one light, they both go on. Not sure how to get independent control of the 2 lights (and really didn't care that much).

It is not as straightforward as you would think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Below is my original post/response to this...it is QFT as it still stands truthful. :)
I put the overhead console in my 09 V. the one with 2 lights and a sunglass holder (like the one pictured in the beginning of this thread).

It does require 3 wires. I did not wire it properly. Didn't have time or all the info. I wasn't sure if the lights should turn on with the door or not (timer). I just wired up the lights to ACC power so I can turn them on manually if I need them. The V was not prewired for it, and I couldn't figure out how the wiring was supposed to go. So when I turn on one light, they both go on. Not sure how to get independent control of the 2 lights (and really didn't care that much).

It is not as straightforward as you would think.

Its not that simple. Nissan uses a - door trigger, a 12V+ and a constant -. Its requires a 3 wire hook up. I bought one of the factory overhead consoles from a seller on Ebay a while back, but havent had time to install it. I did the same thing, wiring wise, in my 2000 Frontier that I installed a very similar overhead console from a 2003 350Z. If you dont get the wire sequence correct, you will either have no light, pop a fuse, have the light not operate as it should, or other issue. lol Trust me, you have to get the 3 wire hook up right. Now with this said, it could also be a 2 wire hook up IF this console doesnt light up with the door being opened...In this case its a 12+ timed wire, and a constant -. If I get to this soon, I will document and report back here for all interested. This is the 350Z console I used for a custom install in my Frontier's overhead Processor rack I built.... Its difficult to see but I also used a dome light from a 3rd gen Altima near the middle of the overhead rack. All LEDs and soooo bright its light daytime even at night! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts