Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Group, I recently purchased a used 2007 Nissan versa hatchback runs great haven’t had any major issues with it yet, I’ve replaced the heater core only to find out the heater was fine it was the regulator at the firewall that was leaking. Sorry getting off subject OK here’s my issue while driving with my a:/c on eventually the overtemp light appears land while doing so will blow hot air. the light will stay of for a minute or two sometime a bit longer before turning off then my a/c air is back to normal … any ideas of what might be causing this issue and trouble shooting suggestions.
Thank you I appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hey Group, I recently purchased a used 2007 Nissan versa hatchback runs great haven’t had any major issues with it yet, I’ve replaced the heater core only to find out the heater was fine it was the regulator at the firewall that was leaking. Sorry getting off subject OK here’s my issue while driving with my a:/c on eventually the overtemp light appears land while doing so will blow hot air. the light will stay of for a minute or two sometime a bit longer before turning off then my a/c air is back to normal … any ideas of what might be causing this issue and trouble shooting suggestions.
Thank you I appreciate any feedback
You mentioned that your replaced the heater core. Sometimes when you make a repair to the cooling system, you need to "burp" the lines. Air can sometimes get trapped in the line and will prevent the coolant from doing its job. Leave your radiator cap off, top off the coolant, then start your vehicle and let the engine warm up until the thermostat opens up. Good luck!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
With the AC on, see if the radiator fan is working. I'm guessing it isn't. The AC will work while the car is moving because air is blowing across the condenser. Do not run the AC while stopped if the fan isn't working or the compressor can get wrecked because it can't compress fluid. Obviously very bad for the car to be overheating too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts