Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
2011 1.5d hatchback, 310,000 Kms
The codes come up as boost sensor (MAP) circuit and MAF sensor circuit.
A couple weeks ago I hit a big puddle at speed coming round a corner, a little while later she started shuddering at idle and cut out a couple times in traffic but didn't show any engine light. I took out and cleaned the MAF sensor and it seemed to cure the problem.
The last couple days she was a little harder to start than normal, but not seriously difficult, I just put it down to the cold weather kicking in and didn't bother me. I got home from college yesterday and my father then took the car to a local village about 15 mins drive away when the engine light came on, it was still driving okay so I said for him to come home and I'll check it, I only have a cheap OBD tool but it showed P0235 boost sensor circuit. I started it and it idles fine, and the engine light had gone off but I took out the sensor and gave it a quick spray with contact cleaner. Afterwards the engine light came back on, and when I checked again with my cheap OBD tool it was now also show p100 for MAF sensor.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to look?
Would you think it may be the sensor itself? I'm going to re-check the air intake now though I'm pretty sure she's tight, and I can't even see the turbo! Whereabouts is it located? I have a bit if experience working on motorcycles and classic VW's but haven't really ventured into modern vehicles at all.
This car has given us no trouble whatsoever up until the last while, would be great to keep her going for a bit longer till we can afford to upgrade.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Best regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey so I haven't actually fixed this yet, was too late and freezing by the time I found it! A friend of mine who I weld with mentioned his uncle is a Nissan tech and he'd ask him for me,he got back tonight and said to check the MAP wiring under the loom, the way the wires sit pinches them and they eventually break down, he said it's a known failure point, sure enough I pulled up the wires and there it was. I'll report back when I've done it in case anyone else has this issue but he also said I may need to change the MAF sensor, when he typed the codes into his computer it was the MAF sensor itself that came up and not the MAP as the common failure of the 2. Hopefully this is it, would definitely explain the erratic nature of the engine light flicking on and off, worth a check for anyone who has similar problems:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I just wanted to ad that this did fix the issue, and having talked with the Nissan tech he said that he was surprised Nissan hadn't recalled it for my year (2011) as he says he sees it on lots of them due to the way the wires come out of the loom. In the end I had to go get another connector with longer wires attached to it from my local breakers and then connected it to the existing wiring as where the break is happens to be very close to the connector and would be very difficult to solder in successfully. Also I couldn't find the terminals anywhere, not saying they couldn't be found but for me at least it wasn't happening and was a lot easier just to get a decent one off a crashed car than pulling apart the old one, they didn't charge me either so win win!
Hope it helps someone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts