Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Versa Note - approx 12,000 miles (new vehicle for me - was a low mile trade in)
I'm getting error code P0456 - Evaporative Emmissions System Leak Detected - Small leak - and a light smell of gas near the rear of the car
Changed out the EVAP control valve per service bulletin NTB17-082D and replaced the gas cap - check engine light came back with same code
Took it to my local Nissan dealer - they claim there is wear/cracking in the vent-hose / vent-tube (listed the parts separately). They are having trouble getting the parts and (apologies for dealer complaining) operating the phone to return my calls.

I have 2 questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1) Does anyone have a picture/diagram of the vent hose/vent tube/evap system they can share? I'd like to see if I can see the problem myself. I am in Pennsylvania and when this started in Feb 2022 it was cold and snowing.
2) I'm having some trouble finding a good service manual for this vehicle. Anyone have a suggested manual and location for purchase?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you replaced the vent valve, it's the tube you would have had to remove from the valve to do that.

In my experience, on these, it's 95% of the time the vent valve, and the other occasions it's the fuel pump seal or a vent on the filler neck.

If you don't have a smoke machine, you've got virtually no way of finding it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good find! That looks melted or something. Was it in contact with a other part near there? The cracks I find in that hose are usually just a slit in a rib that you would never see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts