Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...I am new to this Forum but have a "Check Engine" light which I have been unable to fix. My car is a 2011 Versa Hatchback with 94K miles on it...and I am very happy with it. Hope to keep it for another 100K if possible and reasonable.

The P0456 is a "very small leak in the evap system" which I am sure many of you have encountered. I have: replaced gas cap, replaced cannister vent valve, checked individual tubes with hand vacuum pump, checked cannister with hand vacuum pump and even had a smoke test done at Midas last week.

Also checked the purge solenoid valve with a hand vacuum pump and it hold vacuum in one direction (correct I think).

Have not been able to find that small leak.

So has anyone found a "very small leak" anywhere else in these systems ?

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
939 Posts
The actual pressure sensor itself could be bad of course. Maybe an expensive part. Possible wiring issue too I suppose.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The purge solenoid is checked from the engine side, put about -25inHg to in and let it sit for a minute and see if it moves(always check your tool first make sure it holds on it's own)
"Very small leaks" are hard to find, even with a smoke machine they usually won't show. In a 2011 car I doubt it's the hoses.
Try finding a shop that has identifix and have them run the code and see what the most common causes are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
SP1988
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing