Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to get my pads and rotors replaced because they are worn and the rotors are warped. It's currently got 90,000km on them and will likely roll over 100,000km before they are replaced in the Spring/Summer.

I'm not a heavy breaker IMO so I don't quite understand why the rotors have warped so early (around 35,000km). I would like something that is long lasting, good quality and provides better braking power then the OEM if possible.

Wanted to get a head start by researching the brands and would like to hear what suggestions you may have. Couldn't find much about brakes on here but I've read that Hawk Pads aren't bad...however I can't seem to find any for the versa in Canada.

· Registered
1,615 Posts
Stillen makes slotted rotors that are supposed to be good, and I've heard good things about. The hawk pads as well.

· Banned
342 Posts
I run stillen xdrilled rotors and stillen pads. Much nicer than stock. I warped and machined my stock rotors 3 times. lol. tossed em out at like 40k this summer and went with the stillen stuff. It was a great upgrade. If yu want stock brakes, i have brand new pads and rotors for 200 cash. retail is over 300 plus tax

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Unfortunately Stillen is out of my budget...I'm able to get hawk pads for $90.00 and I asked about Brembo rotors; I was told they don't make them for the versa so I tried to google to see if that was the case and no luck.

They recommended to use Power Slot...what do you think?

· Registered
187 Posts
Unfortunately Stillen is out of my budget...I'm able to get hawk pads for $90.00 and I asked about Brembo rotors; I was told they don't make them for the versa so I tried to google to see if that was the case and no luck.

They recommended to use Power Slot...what do you think?
Power Slot's will be just fine for your budget...and you can get Ceramic Hawks for a little bit less then you quoted and between the two it will be just fine for everyday use. :thumb2:

IF Brembo made Rotors for the Versa I'm sure they would be about the same price range as Rotora or Stillen.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Power Slot's will be just fine for your budget...and you can get Ceramic Hawks for a little bit less then you quoted and between the two it will be just fine for everyday use. :thumb2:

IF Brembo made Rotors for the Versa I'm sure they would be about the same price range as Rotora or Stillen.
Great! Thanks, I'll be going with the Power Slot's and Hawk Pads

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello people,

I found some hawk pads for my versa in tirerack.com, however it says that they are only for brakes without ABS.

In the reviews I saw that some people have them installed in infinti and volvo cars, which for sure they have ABS brakes. Do you think I can install this pads in my versa? how can it affect this in the braking performance?

Thanks

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I installed the pads and rotors not too long ago but I decided to go with the Hawk pads (HPS) and the M – sport rotors. These rotors are Canadian made which are cross drilled and slotted. The vendor wanted too much money for the power slot rotors. The brakes don't make any noise during normal braking but squeaks a little during the cold mornings. I will post pictures when I get a chance of the rotors along with the before and after brake pads.

About M-Sport Rotors

· Registered
1,963 Posts
I like them how much

· Registered
613 Posts
it looks good, did the squeaking sound ever go away? and did you do this yourself? cause when i eventually do mine i'll need someone to help me out lol :p

and care to let me in on how much the rotors where from that Canadian company?

· Registered
2,466 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it looks good, did the squeaking sound ever go away? and did you do this yourself? cause when i eventually do mine i'll need someone to help me out lol :p

and care to let me in on how much the rotors where from that Canadian company?
Yup I did this on my own and no noise when I brake. Only noise I get is if I brake hard there's some grinding which is typical. Of course! Whenever you do them don't hesitate to give me a shout :thumb2:. I went to Pacific Mall (Formula Import) but you can also get them at Performance Improvements. I paid $115 CAD each rotor and $75 CAD for the front pads. Total came to $305 CAD cash no tax.

I don't brake much either lol:D Great job researching this upgrade! Love to hear about their performance. Look great too!
One car imo that really needs a brake upgrade, the Fit Ford Fiesta vs. Honda Fit vs. Mazda 2 Comparison Test - Car and Driver
edit driven in Ontario and Quebec:D
I really like this combination because it ascetically looks nice and offers great performance. Currently there is a lot of brake dust but the instructions did say I would experience this during the break in period. My friend also purchased the same combo on his mazda protege. I'll get him to post a picture up.

· Registered
922 Posts
This is my 2nd warp of the OEM rotors so rather than replace them and pay up for re-surface that will warp again soon :p I went with replacement. I ordered Power slots and hawk ceramic pads from Bob/versa speed shop today and ill post some Photos up when I get them installed.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Yup I did this on my own and no noise when I brake. Only noise I get is if I brake hard there's some grinding which is typical. Of course! Whenever you do them don't hesitate to give me a shout :thumb2:. I went to Pacific Mall (Formula Import) but you can also get them at Performance Improvements. I paid $115 CAD each rotor and $75 CAD for the front pads. Total came to $305 CAD cash no tax.
You didnt tell them you knew "Jon Lee" and get the "Jon Lee" discount? P-mall joke for buying parts there lol. I had M-sports before on my civic but they warped and chewed up the pads very early, within 6 months. Hopefully you're a light braker lol. I run Hawk HPS too but with a blank rotor. Good thing my wheels are dark though, cant see dust lol.

· Registered
18 Posts

Gonna give this Bosch rotors a try when they're in sometime over the weekend. Il let you know if they fit/work alright/first impressions then maybe come back for an update after a week or two of daily driving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.