Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the passenger airbag? I understand that the airbag is attached to the plastic cover.
The plastic cover closest to the pillar does not want to snap down and stay down. I want to remove to check if one of the plastic clips are broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the passenger airbag? I understand that the airbag is attached to the plastic cover.
The plastic cover closest to the pillar does not want to snap down and stay down. I want to remove to check if one of the plastic clips are broken.
Rond,

It's been a while since I have removed the air bag in any vehicle let alone a Versa so bear with me here, but I believe that you take out the glove box first (refer to this Versa dash diagram), then you will see the bottom of the airbag.You will need a special anti-tamper style Torx socket to remove it. I think that there are 2 bolts that retain it to the dash frame, but my recollection of the process is a bit hazy.

Hopefully, someone else can supplement these instructions :thumb2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
First you disconnect the battery... Remove the center panel over the radio, it can be done by pulling it out, then remove the right pilar cover, then the little plastic trim in the bottom of the pilar (only two clips), then you remove the silver plastic trim and the right air outlet.
Be careful when you remove all those trims, try to use a tool made of plastic, easy to scratch...
You'll have to remove 3 10mm bolts and 2 12mm. The 12mm are the ones holding the airbag.
Then you disconnect the yellow connector ( kinda push and pull).
When everything 's done just have to lift the airbag, should come out easy (did it myself).
When everything is removed, put the airbag in a safe area (trunk).

Reinstall is reverse.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some more pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanK you very much for the steps and the pictures. Will attempt to remove it this weekend.

When removing the pillar and the silver plastic trim, where and how do I pull at it so I won't crack/break it.

I always dread removing any plastic trim, scared I will snap the plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just have to insert a plastic tool between the trims and the dash, then pull slowly. Don't try to remove the trim from one end, it has to come equally.
Seems though but it's very easy, if you take your time, you won't break the trims.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.