Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any tricks to removing the passenger side axle off a 6 speed trans axle. i have tapped pried and pounded on it. i even wrapped a chain around it. i think what is keeping it from popping loose is the support for axle were it attaches to the engine.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
There's a bracket that's under the engine that it runs trough about half way down the main shaft of the axle. That bracket needs to be unbolted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already unbolted the bracket. it seems like it mite pop loose from the transaxle but not from that bracket.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Two 13mm bolts hold a bearing retainer plate onto the carrier. Either the bearing will come out of the carrier bracket, or the entire assembly will come out. If you're replacing the axle, you'll have to separate the carrier from the bearing as they don't give you that bracket/as an assembly. Better to do that when it's still bolted to the block.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
And the whole transaxle comes out as one piece after you've pulled it out of the wheel hub and unbolted the bracket(just undo the loop that holds the axle, you don't need to remove the whole bracket from the motor). after that you just pop it out from the transmission. There really shouldn't be much resistance, it should be done by hand.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Depends on where he's located, here in the salt belt nothing is easy. You guys have it easy, a job like this cannot ever be done by hand if it's older than 2 years, my oxy-acetylene torch is the most used tool in my arsenal. Suspension parts, rusted in place caliper pins, brake bleed valves, speed sensor bolts and many other misc small fasteners that break easily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just rented the slide hammer today and it is still sieced up at the engine mounti actually bent a c clamp i used to hood to chain in half will try heating it up now i guess

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I attached a picture from the service manual. Are you saying the axle is stuck in 4 after removing 3?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
JonakaTrain
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing