Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 versa hatchback and the passenger side tail light isn't coming on, but the brake light is working. I recently switched out a burnt out bulb (tail light and brake light weren't coming on) with a Sylvania 7528. Since then, the brake light turns on when the pedal is depressed but no tail light. Any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, now I know this is necroposting, but I currently have virtually the same issue on my 2007 versa. If the original poster is still around (?) maybe the fix was easy?

The tail light on one side does not work, and replacing the bulb with a sylvania 7528 (as per OP/this forum guide/OEM) gives no results. Tried both new bulbs in the pack to be sure.

If it was the fuse, I imagine both tail lights would not work, so it is probably the wire/harness?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, now I know this is necroposting, but I currently have virtually the same issue on my 2007 versa. If the original poster is still around (?) maybe the fix was easy?

The tail light on one side does not work, and replacing the bulb with a sylvania 7528 (as per OP/this forum guide/OEM) gives no results. Tried both new bulbs in the pack to be sure.

If it was the fuse, I imagine both tail lights would not work, so it is probably the wire/harness?

Thanks in advance :)
I know this is a very old Post.... But maybe someone is looking for an answer. I have a 2017 versa. Recently I had the same problem. I took mine to my trusted and very reputable mechanic. You know the kind.... The ones that you break down in the middle of the desert and you just KNOW they are going to charge you an arm and a leg and find a few extra things wrong as well and then they figure out the problem and charge you near pennies for excellent work? .....

Anyway. His diagnosis was it needed the whole new housing unit and electrical board. He was not able to find one at the dealer nor at the junkyard.. so he bypassed it and omitted the connection on the board. That is the most technical I can get so please don't ask. This is one of them things that would seem sketchy in my mind. But knowing the source and given the fact that he has 40 years experience of his own, not to mention the fact that the family has owned the shop since 1955, I trust him. That and if my car catches fire, I know where he lives.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If there is a board back there it is fixable for likely $1. The circuits back there are so simple you can replace them entirely for literally nothing in cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts