Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With last week's 95+ (F) temperatures, my Versa's A/C was having problems keeping up. I almost never do this normally, unless driving through a cloud of dust or smoke, but I switched to the "Max A/C" mode, where the interior air is recirculated and fresh air is not drawn in from the outside, in order to maximize A/C performance. I'm not sure that it made that much of a difference, but it led me to wonder. Where is the air being sucked in from the cabin, and does it still pass through the cabin air filter?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i believe at the base of the windshield

·
Registered
105 Posts
I believe that the AC would work much better if the temperature control not only shut off the heater airflow but also shut off the hot water to the heater core. I feel that some hot air sneaks by the heater air door which decreases the AC efficiency. On my 2003 Mitsubishi not only does the temperature shut the heater air door but it also operates a small electric motor that closes the hot water valve to the heater core. I took a brief look in the Versa engine compartment to see if there was an easy way to install a manual water valve in the hot water lines to the heater core but I found none.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 39K miles

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
that's a good question, but I do not know the answer.

when is hot like that, all i do is turn the AC fan to speed number 2 and to max setting, it works. it was hot today...95F

1 - 5 of 5 Posts