Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:driving:I'm currently researching this topic and I'm hoping someone can help me select the right type. I would like to squeeze a little more power. I've already installed a short ram intake from Takeda and a catback from DC sports. I'm reading that some chips work with gains up to 36hp , others do nothing and some can reduce the horsepower by 10.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Agreed. You can however get a throttle controller. Not really the same thing, but its definitely fun to play with and if you leave it in eco mode it'll help with the mpg's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Alright guys thanks for your input, I did have this discussion with Bob from versaspeed this morining and he also felt that those chips wouldn't yeild any positive results. I also discussed the throttle controller but It doesn't appeal to me. Bang (hp) for the buck I'll settle with the intake and exhaust upgrades for now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
How can they have a chip for every single car made? Doesn't seem legit

·
Registered
63 Posts
Snake oil people. "special offer for limited time" $69 for a chip that promises the moon? There have been burns like this crap before.

·
Registered
214 Posts
all those chips are crap. If your serious do as many real bolt ons for now, even get some new custom work done, Then find a local shop for a dyno, maybe if they research enough you could start a flash for versas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nope these chips work. I have used them before. They custom program the chip for the car. That is why they can offer so many models. It is a ten minute installation. I got 10% more horsepower and 20% more gas mileage with my chevy.

They advertise that the 2012 sedan will get a boost to 115 H.P. and get about 20% better gas mileage.

They have a MONEY BACK GUARANTY.

These chips DO work.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
if you get one of these chips do a before and after dino run so we can see the gains (or loss) that these chip make. I am interested in anything that can boost up my hp since the handling is right where I want it, I contacted gfchips a few weeks ago but they didnt have anny "proof" as to what there chips do they just said that there custemers have found a difference but I need some kind of proof before dropping that much money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The GF "chip" is a resistor, that's it. If you open the box you might have one with a chip inside. The only issue is that the chip isn't connected. There is no possible way you can connect a "chip" with two wires and have it get power, analyze what it detects from those same two wires AND alter the performance of an ECU over the same two wires.

A simple resistor can, it's an old trick that make the ECU think your engine is running lean.

Check this link out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a performance chip for my 2009 versa from a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. power tune performance chip review

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Welcome aboard pending a link to where you purchased this. :surprise

I just got a performance chip for my 2009 versa from a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. power tune performance chip review

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.