Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 2009 Versa SL (low mileage and seemingly in good condition), and I'm trying to become familiar with it. One nagging issue is that the owner's manual doesn't specifically show the warning light locations, nor could I find any diagrams or pictures online. For example, the manual makes reference to the low tire pressure warning light as if it were a standard feature, yet I don't seem to find the light for this on the instrument cluster. Also, where is the location of the low windshield washer fluid light so that I can tell if my Versa has this feature. Is there a reference that shows the location of all of the warning lights so that I can check which ones I have on my car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply. That certainly answers my question, but I admit I'm the curious type who wants to know more. Was the lack of TPMS in Canada limited to the Versa only, or to all Nissans prior to a certain date? I ask because my wife and daughter both have TPMS on the cars they drive, a 2012 Kia Sportage and 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser, respectively, and both of those cars were originally titled in Canada rather than imported from the US.

Also, Nissan could have reduced the confusion had the manual indicated this is not a feature on Canadian cars.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I have no idea what vehicles do and do not have it. My brothers 09 Sentra SE-R does not have TPMS either, yet my dad's new Grand Caravan does. Guess certain models do have it. But I can tell you that our Versas here in Canada do not. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just purchased a used 2009 Versa SL (low mileage and seemingly in good condition), and I'm trying to become familiar with it. One nagging issue is that the owner's manual doesn't specifically show the warning light locations, nor could I find any diagrams or pictures online. For example, the manual makes reference to the low tire pressure warning light as if it were a standard feature, yet I don't seem to find the light for this on the instrument cluster. Also, where is the location of the low windshield washer fluid light so that I can tell if my Versa has this feature. Is there a reference that shows the location of all of the warning lights so that I can check which ones I have on my car?
Hi Bill welcome to the Forums! Nice to see another Canuck on board.

If you look thru the owners manual (you can find .pdf versions for free online if you don't have one) there is a section on the dash and warning lights (Section 2). The low windshield washer light is listed (if so equipped), so was an option. Probably came with SL models. I have a SL but have so far never ran the washer fluid down to a low state (I'm always topping it up). When you first turn the key to the on position without starting, the system performs a self check and lights up all the warning lights you have on board. Try looking at this to see if it lights up for you.

Finally, want to let you know we are planning a Versa Meet Up and Cruise in October. Will be meeting in Hamilton and driving to Niagara. Date is Saturday October 19th, at 4pm. Keep looking at this Forum for the next update on it with details. Hope you will be able to make it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.