Nissan Versa Forums banner

plastidip rims?

9K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  JunRaymond 
#1 ·
Ive seen people done them before on other forums. Anybody ever tried it?

#2 ·
Old thread, but I thought I'd throw up pics of my wheels plastidipped

I've posted pics elsewhere, but if anyone in the future searches for plasti dip, the pics will be right here.

#3 ·
another little thing about plastidipped wheels-if you use a tire shine type spray on the tires, it will most likely overspray on the wheels, and I realized the other day that if you just spray the whole wheels, they look waaaaaay cleaner. works great.

#5 ·
I have my hubcaps plastidipped, check out my car album and see if you like em.

#8 ·
It depends on what temperature the plastidip is. When it is cool to the touch it feels somewhat like rubber although it is somewhat smooth. When it is warm however it feels very smooth and slick as if it was like the vinyl inside a car. You can also buy "Glossifier" plastidip that is used to enhance the look of any dipped pieces by making it look glossy. My hubs don't have that though as I like the flat black look.

dipyourcar.com you can check out this website to buy it and look at the huge amount of pictures of plastidipped parts and even cars and plenty of how-to videos as well.

Enjoy.

#14 ·
Ahh reminds me of my car :) Plastidipping the hubs was one of the first mods I did for her lol.

#17 ·
Avoid the drive-thru car-wash's as the pressure used in them can make the PD come off although I've found the at-home pressure washers to not be powerful enough to do it unless you hold it in one spot for a while. PD doesn't chip it peels off you could say, although a nice thing about it is if any comes off you can just spray on more PD and when it heats up it will smooth itself out and you can't tell you resprayed a spot.

#16 ·
It won't really "chip" as its still rubberized when its on the wheel. It doesn't harden like typical paint would. As for the car wash guys, I do my own washes, so I wouldn't know. Im sure if they scrubbed hard enough or used heavy duty wheel cleaners it would come off. I take it easy on mine when I wash it to be on the safe side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.