Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Long story short, I bought a Nissan Tiida from someone but there was no ECM inside.
I have the original BCM and from that I found out my ECM reference is 23710-1JZ1A
But upon research I can't find the same ECM online.

Nissan Tiida 1.6L
2009 I think
VIN : JN1CC13C89T025579
HR16DE Manual Transmission
1598CC
Hatchback
GCC Market (JPN MAKE)
Left Hand
Petrol

Does anyone know which ECM reference from Western market (USA, EU ) work for my car?
Maybe 23710-8W90A ?

Thank you in advance.

Edit :VIn + year

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Technically none in US will work, they have EPA software which may be radically different from foreign car. You don't have year of car either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edited.
Technically none in US will work, they have EPA software which may be radically different from foreign car. You don't have year of car either.
JN1CC13C89T025579

I noticed there are so many inaccuracy online.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, EPA dosen't matter as I live in a Africa's country.
So apart from that what Versa is the closest equivalent Tiida ?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You are showing a lack of knowledge, EPA DOES matter as the pollution equipment is different country to country and the software reflects that to not work with your engine as equipped.

There will be NO suggestion as the software needs to be exact for that particular car, country and engine. The way the country controls emissions can have a whole range of emissions equipment variances.

Your best bet is breakers in your country.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I said my country doesn't care about that. Theree is no such control where I live. That's not a concern.
What I want to know is if I throw a USA model versa 2009 ECM in it will it work?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
'What I want to know is if I throw a USA model versa 2009 ECM in it will it work?'

You are the only one that can answer that.

I for one would not do it. If the wire pinout changes then it could blow out instantly. And if the US one has to have a matched key to computer it will not start. The computer asks the key for a chip code that must match computer code or car doesn't start. Maybe why yours is gone, somebody took it and the key as a match.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have
'What I want to know is if I throw a USA model versa 2009 ECM in it will it work?'

You are the only one that can answer that.

I for one would not do it. If the wire pinout changes then it could blow out instantly. And if the US one has to have a matched key to computer it will not start. The computer asks the key for a chip code that must match computer code or car doesn't start. Maybe why yours is gone, somebody took it and the key as a match.
I have a THINKDIAG.

Truth be told, the car had an acccidet. The front left part of the vehicule got wrecked. The ECM was stole, they cut the 3 harness that connect the ECM. Other cables were removed as well and some pipe.
The car tech who tried to rebuilt that mess just added another mess. He first purchased a random ECM, he wired it so randomly, there were hoses unplugged etc. So I had to step up, did a lot of researched. Found a 2009 versa service manual, checked the random ECM and found out it's a 23710-ZW97A variant, which is a USA marketed ECM for nissan but dont know for sure for which car.
Then I dabled into wiring diagram, ecu pinout, piping, air circuit, evap circuit. After 2 weeks we finally were able to start the car!! That was yesterday. However, something is still amiss. Today we gonna check that, probably a ground, an ecm ground? Does the ecm needs to be fixed by its bolt for ground?

My dad is in Africa, I live in France. I make mini manuals and share them to him on messenger. And most of the timenwe talk on messenger when he is trying to fix the mess. And he doesn't speak english at all, so on top of that I can't just send the service manual book. I have to aim certain infos, translate them in french and all that jazz. Mind you, I know nothing about car repair ( wiring diagrams, circuit, etc)

I have a u1000 dtc error. A faulty code related to the diag tool reading left.

And yes the diag tool is able to match the key. It's very similar to Launch diags. However, this is also my first time using diag. I bought the Thinkdiag from the USA, shipped it to France and sent it to my dad in Madagascar.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Some of the wires going into ECM may be shielded, if the shield is damaged (wiring cut) then the wires can pick up impulses to screw up sensor outputs. If the U1000 code is real then the wiring job is still in error, the ECM can just as easily be reporting it cannot connect with part of its' sensors or outputs in some way.

It can't hurt to ground the ECM outer case.

Engine not running right could easily be other things besides ECM, everybody wants to blame them for whatever is wrong and most new ones are sold by mistake. I used to sell them. Most people later come back wanting money back, it was not the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We successfully, started the engine yesterday! And it starts everytime.
What a joy. I thrn taught the car to learn released accelerator, idle engine.
The clutch is loose, and we need to fix that today.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
But you got it DONE.

I feel for you, I do everything you can think of on cars as mine never go to a shop ever, I do it all. Sometimes you end up flummoxed for a while, then you back off to think it out. I haven't paid for a car repair in 40+ years but sometimes it can be a bit much. I still don't take the car in though the people working on them are not as smart as I am and they begin to throw parts at the cars, I generally use one part only and car is fixed.

Sometimes the thinking it out takes a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But you got it DONE.

I feel for you, I do everything you can think of on cars as mine never go to a shop ever, I do it all. Sometimes you end up flummoxed for a while, then you back off to think it out. I haven't paid for a car repair in 40+ years but sometimes it can be a bit much. I still don't take the car in though the people working on them are not as smart as I am and they begin to throw parts at the cars, I generally use one part only and car is fixed.

Sometimes the thinking it out takes a while.
Yeah, I felt relieved. I'll keep update about it tomorrow if they can clutch and move the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, car is moving, it's gearing up and down. Welp that's a win.
Radiator Fan is not running thoughhhhh
And fuel hose is shred, gotta buy new fuel hose

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fixed radiator fan, transmission and fuel hose.
All is working. But I'm not sure about ABS. How do we know a Versa has ABS?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts