Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Took advantage of the Costco sale last month and had brand new Michelin's installed on 09 Versa 1.6. Damn, the car drives so smooth now! Car was on original tires at I think it was 38k miles. They still had bit life on them but with winter coming up and GF not being greatest of drivers thought it was best to just do it now.

However, we happen to return a bit too early so watched them install the new tires. I noticed one guy had great difficulty installing the lug nuts. He even got the manager to take a look at it.

Sure enough, when picking up the car the manager came by and mentioned that we should get the lug nuts and studs looked at for all 4 tires. He said that they had great difficulty taking them off and putting them on. Stated they are probably rusted/warped.

Is this something I can do myself? We are both looking for jobs right now, so rather DIY to save money. Any advice on how I can determine if it is the lug nut or the stud that is bad?

Thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello,

Took advantage of the Costco sale last month and had brand new Michelin's installed on 09 Versa 1.6. Damn, the car drives so smooth now! Car was on original tires at I think it was 38k miles. They still had bit life on them but with winter coming up and GF not being greatest of drivers thought it was best to just do it now.

However, we happen to return a bit too early so watched them install the new tires. I noticed one guy had great difficulty installing the lug nuts. He even got the manager to take a look at it.

Sure enough, when picking up the car the manager came by and mentioned that we should get the lug nuts and studs looked at for all 4 tires. He said that they had great difficulty taking them off and putting them on. Stated they are probably rusted/warped.

Is this something I can do myself? We are both looking for jobs right now, so rather DIY to save money. Any advice on how I can determine if it is the lug nut or the stud that is bad?

Thanks!
You could take a look at a couple of the studs to check and see of the threads are still good. If they are in good shape, you could by a set of new lug nuts and replace the ones you have on there now.

This is a youtube video on how to change them out on the front. As for the rear drums, that may be a bit more difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVmEUMomm8

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow, looks easy enough. Thanks!

Guess I will buy 1 set of lug nuts and then see how easy they go on all of the studs. Then order the exact amount of studs/nuts I need to save money.

The proper size for the lug nut is M12-1.25 correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow, looks easy enough. Thanks!

Guess I will buy 1 set of lug nuts and then see how easy they go on all of the studs. Then order the exact amount of studs/nuts I need to save money.

The proper size for the lug nut is M12-1.25 correct?

Thanks!
That size you mention appears to be correct. Hope is solves you concerns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing