Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everone 2007 tiida radiator keep on having leaks replace radiator with new 1 new 1 start leaking repair that 1 notice some time when I'm driving car lose pressure well not go over 3000rpms or drop below and dies out need help anyone that gone Tru this please give a hand

·
Registered
251 Posts
Your post is so poorly written, it's difficult to understand what you're saying. But if you've replaced your radiator and still have overheating with no pressure(?), I'd guess you have air in the system and need to bleed it again. There's no radiator pressure gauge on either the Tiida or the Versa, so I'm guessing you have overheating that's causing limp mode. Try to respond in complete sentences and we'll try to help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your post is so poorly written, it's difficult to understand what you're saying. But if you've replaced your radiator and still have overheating with no pressure(?), I'd guess you have air in the system and need to bleed it again. There's no radiator pressure gauge on either the Tiida or the Versa, so I'm guessing you have overheating that's causing limp mode. Try to respond in complete sentences and we'll try to help.
Thank you .... I did that and I installed a gauge read 100 Celsius....I'm starting to think it wasn't repeared properly.. the big problem I have is with the engine losing power at 3000rpms ...it feel like when I'm running out of gas but after wait bit I can start the engine and drive again

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
191 Posts
Do you know if the thermostat is opening at the right temperature?? I might check for proper operation of the thermostat, just to rule it out.

Do you know what the normal operating temperature should be for that engine?? 100 C just seems a bit high.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the same year Versa and suggest you pull codes to determine exactly what is putting your Tiida into limp mode. A code reader is a basic tool any longer and can cut down on guessing. Outside this, are you really losing radiator fluid? Have you measured the loss after the car has cooled down?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same year Versa and suggest you pull codes to determine exactly what is putting your Tiida into limp mode. A code reader is a basic tool any longer and can cut down on guessing. Outside this, are you really losing radiator fluid? Have you measured the loss after the car has cooled down?
Just checked the radiator is leaking from part at the bottom maybe they a poor job repearing it

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
191 Posts
No thermostat c11 2007
I assume by "no thermostat" you have removed the thermostat and the coolant is free-flowing at all times.
With no restriction at the water outlet (where you removed the thermostat) the coolant moves very quickly through the system. The coolant may not be spending enough time in the radiator to actually cool down, as it is being rushed through the system. Even when open, the thermostat provides the proper amount of restriction to slow down the coolant and allow it (give it time) to cool.
I understand you have a leak in the radiator and that does need to be fixed, but you are also dealing with a slightly high coolant temp.
If it were my car, I would install the proper thermostat recommended for the car, putting the entire cooling system back to a stock configuration.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Scan for codes, install thermostat, replace leaking radiator, make sure the fan turns on with the AC on and that all of the shroud is in place. Make sure there are no restrictions between the radiator and overflow jug line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I assume by "no thermostat" you have removed the thermostat and the coolant is free-flowing at all times.
With no restriction at the water outlet (where you removed the thermostat) the coolant moves very quickly through the system. The coolant may not be spending enough time in the radiator to actually cool down, as it is being rushed through the system. Even when open, the thermostat provides the proper amount of restriction to slow down the coolant and allow it (give it time) to cool.
I understand you have a leak in the radiator and that does need to be fixed, but you are also dealing with a slightly high coolant temp.
If it were my car, I would install the proper thermostat recommended for the car, putting the entire cooling system back to a stock configuration.
I'll do as u say

1 - 20 of 20 Posts