Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has both equipped on their Versa? The 2.Slow Sentra crowd has an aftermarket upper torque mount which probably fits, but packing the existing mount with polyurethane is a just as good budget solution. Wanted input on how Whiteline's lower torque mount feels. Lot of vibration? Worth the rigidity?

Sorry, Racingline not Whiteline.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I notice that. Very soft stock mounts in general. I think the passenger side one is a hydraulic mount, you know it's soft when you lift the motor and see the deformation in that mount. Tonight i just poly filled my upper torque mount. Takes a good solid day or two to fully set, but i verified you can drive it without that mount, but no hard pulls, and you can feel the looseness without it there. I bet you could likely cut an old mount open and fill it too (the large passenger mount), and the tranny mount could easily be molded out of polyurethane by any poly bushings company.

·
Registered
339 Posts
im just going to weld some up some mounts with poly bushings and call it good. It will be like there solid mounts with maybe an 1/8th inch of movement. Ive already bought mounts to use as my templates now its just time to get some steel and weld them up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
speaking of which the tranny mount is giving me fits. The way its designed deosnt lend itself to poly mounts as its designed to put load parallel to the bolt instead of perpendicular to it. Ugh there had to be one pain in the ass

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're incredibly soft, almost too soft for stock as well. Shake the tranny around and you can see it's like Jello! I know the lower brace can be fabbed up, but i don't have access to fabbing tools right now. The B16 Sentra guys found that a similar aftemarket upper brace from like a Focus or something is almost identical to the stock one.

All this time i was convinced i just had worn synchro's, it may be the mounts causing this. BTW the polyurethane i got (PL construction adhesive) takes a really long time to cure. It's been 2 full days and not ready to put in, though i have heard of people waiting a full month before putting them in. The tube says 24 hours for a full cure, and this stuff is intended to be layed down in small beads, let alone 1.5" of the stuff. I'm glad i found it, as this will now be my go-to for heavy duty type jobs.

Some of it was left on a bolt i used to pack it in and this stuff is very hard. You'd literally need to chip it off with a chisel for removal...

If the passenger side motor mount is indeed hydraulic, i wonder if you could cut it out and inject the hollow area with poly. With how much i see that mount deflect with just some moderate tugs of the motor, i am guessing it's a hydraulic mount, either that or retardedly soft rubber by any standards.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update to the filled upper torque mount, it still isn't in. Almost fully cured, but center will take a long time to fully cure. I used the same method as checking if breads are cooked, needle poked through to the center. I have heard of people waiting a full month with doing this, and i'm starting to understand it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See i've heard water is supposed to aid in polyurethane curing, but not immersion. I used PL heavy duty polyurethane adhesive. I've heard that 3M window weld is a 65 durometer once cured and the PL stuff i got is much harder, about a 75.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea I was skeptical about it but it cured a lot faster then the gob I left out in the air.

I used the PL locate brand as well but this stuff cures pretty soft. I would guess in the 40's duro. A while ago I filled both torque mounts with aluminium rods, ended up removing them due to the vibration at idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.