Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an idea that would be rather extreme but i think it would be sick.. i was wondering if anyone knew anything on the "transitions" material used on glasses that makes them self tint? any and all information on that would be helpful. i would love to put a large glass panel in the roof of my V and have it work like the transitions glasses. like a sunroof that extends over the back seat. but stationary unlike a sunroof. like a large self tinting skylight in the V. dark during sun, clear at night. can it be done?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
huge glass roof that self tints. i have the ability threw a local custom shop to get the glass roofing installed. what im curious about is the transitions tinting. anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found out that it is a specific dye that is added to the glass... when UV rays hit them they chemically alter into a darker coating. in the absence of UV rays it reverts to its natural clear form..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.