Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
edit: it turned out to be an exhaust shield that broke off the mounting bolts and was making squeaking sounds

can someone help me along with diagnosis - i have a sqealing on front passenger wheel , starts strong when you hit 40mph and gets steadily louder as you get up to 80mph

i checked for backplate rubbing on rotor, checked for pads rubbing on rotor, tried the wheel shake test for bearing

kind of out of ideas - the only thing i noticed is if you take the hub nut off both front wheels the right side hub has a lot of play in it while the left side does not - which makes me lean toward bad wheel bearing

with the hub nut tight neither has any play in it

could use some help - the sound is really annoying, stepping on the brakes makes no difference, and i don't think its the rear hub either

i even tried lifting both wheels in the air and going 60mph to reproduce the noise but was unable to

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
287 Posts
How many miles do you have on the Versa??
Any issues with the CV shafts?? Torn boots?? Any clicking if you make a hard left/right turn??
Do you have a manual or automatic?? Years ago, I had a manual transmission car that had a bad synchronizer, it would growl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts