Nissan Versa Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My setup for the moment is the Boss Audio Headunit, I will post picture later.. when I fixed all setup! I'm going to build Subwoofer box, Boss Audio subwoofer 12" Chaos eXXtreme serie (400rms 800peak, i don't need more!)

I will buy this soon; Boss Audio Amplifer R1200, Boss Audio Capacitor 2Farat, Boss Audio (Front??) Speaker P65.4C.. and Sound Dampening.

How is the size from Front Speaker? and Rear Speaker?? I see that all people fix 6.5inches but i don't know if it's front or rear!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered 4 polk audio DXi 104 10" woofers rated 270 rms a piece along with an alpine PDX M12 1200rms amp, 4 gauge wiring and 2 dual ported enclosures...(1.24cu.ft.per chamber)..i will hopefully have pics up by next week...aftermarket head unit as well. hoping for some nice bass.

after all, it cost me $1,040 haha.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
:(install soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
For you guys wanting to run big amps my experience: with the big3 done, o gauge power wire and a good ground, and a group 31 batt in the back next to the amp allows you to feed 2000w amps pretty sufficiently. Any more power though and a custom alt is necessary

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an Alpine PDX-5M 5-channel amp under my drivers seat, JVC KW-HDR720 double din CD receiver, Four Alpine SPR-50 Type-R 5-1/4" 2-way car speakers, and a Polk Audio db1212 12-Inch Subwoofer. Sounds decent. If I could do it all over again I doubt I'd purchase this amp. It drives the speakers very well, but the subwoofer lacks the bass I'm looking for unless you turn it really loud. Then it's just way too loud to enjoy. I want good bass at a lower volume. I do have plenty of trunk room left. Since I had everything installed with less than 1000 miles on my car I didn't want to go too crazy. It was my first new car and don't want to get screwed over warranty wise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How about a video instead? Kenwood Excelon HU, Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2" 3-way coaxials in all four doors, Audiopipe 4-ch for the door speakers (cheap, small, and fan-cooled), AudioQue (now known as SoundQubed) HDC3 12" sub in a box designed and built by me (slot port tuned to 34Hz), and an AudioQue 1200w RMS mono sub amp (underrated by the manufacturer and is actually somewhere between 1300-1400w RMS).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the versa sedan 1.6. i have two alpine type R 12 in, i cant remember the model but i believe it has 500 RMS, the newer model says 700 RMS. i got them about 4 years ago or so. if i install them, i would use a optima yellow top, would it be better to install a stronger alternator? i will add infinty speaker with tweeters, can't remember the model right now. If changing the altenator, will the one for the HB work or have to get a sort of custom one?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Here is my current setup. I also got some kickers in the doors, but stock head unit. Its not that bad but requires twice the volume of the oem speakers, but the sound is well worth it. The sub on the other hand isnt low enough. Its more like a midrange. I think it will be at home better in my sidekick that has 4 inch speakers to fill in the bottom end and for the V Ill go to a real amp and sub either in a sealed or 4th order bandpass. My last car had an alpine m450 amp and 2 jbl gto 804 8 inch subs in a 2nd order band pass and folks would swear I had 2 12s in the trunk.

Video showing my door speakers.

Kicker 40CS654

61 - 79 of 79 Posts