Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dtc p1650 for power steering pressure switch out of test range. I cant seem to locate it, does anyone know where this is?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
69 Posts
I did some digging in my service manual and couldn't find a power steering pressure switch. I found a torque sensor for the steering but not a pressure switch.

It appears Nissan uses different codes for different models, the P1650 could be referring to a starter motor relay or Fuel temperature sensor.

What is the year & model of your Versa??

You may have to call Nissan and get exact verification of what that code is referring to you on your specific year/model.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Versa Note
28 Posts
to my knowledge the versas (atleast the second gen) use an electric power steering system as opposed to the traditional hydraulic.
how deep this difference is mechanically i don't know but there is a chance the operation mechanically is completely different and thus there may be no such part causing the issue.

i'd do some deeper research- try looking up the repair model for your year and look into the power steering sections, large chance it covers how to solve said issue-if there is one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some digging in my service manual and couldn't find a power steering pressure switch. I found a torque sensor for the steering but not a pressure switch.

It appears Nissan uses different codes for different models, the P1650 could be referring to a starter motor relay or Fuel temperature sensor.

What is the year & model of your Versa??

You may have to call Nissan and get exact verification of what that code is referring to you on your specific year/model.
It's a 2011 nissan tiida/latio hr15 engine the usa version is the versa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the check engine light comes on with code p1650 my car starts to studder at 3000 rpm and doesnt go above. As soon as I reset with obd it works perfectly

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been doing a little more digging and a code P1650 (on the tiida) and it may be referring to a problem with the crankshaft sensor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When the crankshaft sensor goes bad the ECM/PCM will revert back to a default. Nissan may have the computer limit the RPM under that strategy to protect the engine.

Is the car hard starting?? Does the engine vibrate??

I'd call the Nissan dealership (parts department) give them your make and model, tell them of the code and ask them to look up possible causes. They might do it. If it turns out to be a crankshaft sensor, you might want to source one from an on-line parts supplier, as it would probably be cheaper than the dealership.

I would still go with a genuine Nissan part, though. I've heard that some Nissan cars don't like aftermarket crankshaft and camshaft sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts