Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on pre-loaded knuckles. My front wheel bearings aren't making noise, yet; but I do think that day will get here (soon enough).
In researching front wheel bearing replacement, I stumbled across pre-loaded knuckles. It is the whole assembly. The wheel bearing and hub are pressed in (already), you just pull your whole knuckle out and throw in a new one, no need for a press.
I was on Rockauto and found two versions for my car, one was an economy version for $106 and one from SKF for $176.
I'm assuming I will need a front end alignment after replacing the knuckle, but that seems like a good idea anyway (just to prevent tire wear from years of driving over potholes).
Has anyone tried this pre-loaded knuckles?? They seem like a good idea for us shade-tree mechanics.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a nice option, but your problems are still far from over if it's a rust belt vehicle.
What is this "rust" you speak of?? I'm not familiar with that here in the desert. (LOL)

I understand... many years ago I did live in an area that used salt on the roads (during the winter) and yes I dealt with all manner of frozen bolts.

Now... I don't even go out in the rain. My Versa sits in the garage during the few rainy days we get. We do have a monsoon season, but again I can avoid driving during those times or drive my old work truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts