Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently my dealer follows the premium maintenance schedule for my 2011 1.8S. The next time I stop by I'll be due for the 15,000mi checkpoint which includes:

- Oil change
- Lubricate all shocks and hinges
- Replace Engine filter
- Brake servicing
- Replace In-cabin microfilter
- Wipers
- Tire rotation
- Drive belt adjustment
- Fuel/Oil treatment???

I guess my first question is whether all this is truly necessary, and if so, what can I get away with doing myself?
The oil, wipers, and filter seem like a given, not sure about the rest.

The car's pretty much prone to Chicago weather and gets about 50/50 city/highway driving per week.

·
Registered
257 Posts
easy stuff is wipers and in cabin microfilter. There are how to's on both of those here on the forum. You could do the engine filter yourself but i mean if they are going to do it for you anyway might as well let them? If you can get the tire rotation drive belts and breaks done somewhere else and you take care of all the simple stuff then it makes sense. Really depends on how confident you are in your ability to do your own work and how much money you would save by taking your car somewhere else.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Engine air filter is easier than the in cabin one. It's the easiest thing in the world. You pull on the filter housing cover on the air box, pull out the filter, put a new one in in the frame, put it back in...easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.